CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is also involved in post graduate teaching programme and guide for dissertation.
- Is also associated with the weekly case presentations, seminars, brief discussions and journal clubs.
- Is involved in organising yearly orthopaedic education programme.
Ramachandra Kamath K teaches Medical and Paramedical students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Orthopaedics (Clinics), UG||Fifth, Sixth, Eighth semester|
|Orthopaedics (Theory), UG||Seventh, Eighth, Ninth semester|
|Orthopaedics, PG (D Ortho, MS Ortho)||First, Second, Third year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|DNB (Orthopaedics)||FMMC, NBE New Delhi||2002|
|D Ortho||Orthopaedics||KMC, Mangalore, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||1997|
|MBBS||KIMS, Hubli, Karnataka University||1989|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Orthopaedics, KMC Mangalore||Professor and Head||01/09/2021 - till date|
|Department of Orthopaedics, KMC Mangalore||Professor||01/05/2015 - till date|
|Department of Orthopaedics, KMC Mangalore||Additional Professor||Jun 2012 - April 2015|
|Department of Orthopaedics, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||Sept 2008- Jun 2012|
|Department of Orthopaedics, KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||Sept 2003- Sept 2008|
|Department of Orthopaedics, KMC Mangalore||Lecturer and Research Associate||Sept 2002- Sept 2003|
|Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar||Tutor Microbiology||10 Months|
|Casualty and Trauma Centre, FMMC, Mangalore||SHO||1 year|
|Department of Orthopaedics, KSHEMA, Mangalore||Tutor||7 months|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Trauma, Rheumatology, Diabetic Foot
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- KOA international fellowship, Manchester, UK, July-August 2008.
- Principle investigator for clinical trials attended and participated in investigator meeting at Prague, Czech Republic, London, UK, 2008.
- Life Member of IOA.
- Life Member of KOA.
- Life Member of IAS.
- Joint Secretary of COS, 2012-2013.
- Life Member of Rotary Metro, 2012.
- Member of IMA.
- Divisional Coordinator of IMA, 2013-2014.
- Secretary of IMA, Mangalore, 2010.
- Member of AMC
- Secretary of AMC, Mangalore 2011-2013
- President of Greenfields Society.
Flexor tendon repair simulator
2009-01-01 Kamath Jaganath Chandra Girish
Pathological fracture neck of femur due to hypothyroidism will it heal without osteosynthesis- A case report
Work related musculoskeletal disorders in computer professionals
A giant lipoma in the hand- report of a rare case
2006-01-01 Jagannath Kamath B
An improvised two in one syringe suction drain for surgeries of extremities
Myoepithelioma of soft tissue
2009-01-01 Muktha R Pa Ramadas Naik Ramachandra Kamath K Dilasma Magar
Preoperative ultrasound in de qurvain’s disease- An investigation worth doing
2009-01-01 Harshvarshan BJ Kamath A Kumar M Shetty
Trends in non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug utilization in the Orthopaedic outpatient unit of tertiary care hospital in India
“Prescribing pattern for osteoarthritis in a tertiary care hospital
Trends in prescribing gastro protective agents with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in an orthopaedic outpatient unit of a tertiary care hospital
Percutaneous pin fixation of calcaneal fractures
2006-01-01 MR Nambiar Umesh SN