CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Rashmi R Rao teaches students of MBBS, BDS, BPT, and other Allied Health Sciences.
She is also the subject coordinator for BPT & other Allied Health Sciences courses.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Pharmacology||Third, Fourth, Fifth semesters, MBBS|
|Pharmacology||Second year BDS|
|Pharmacology||Second year BPT and other Allied Health Sciences|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD (Doctor of Medicine)||Pharmacology||A J Institute of Medical Sciences||2013|
|MBBS||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE)||2006|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Associate Professor||2018 - Till date|
|Kasturba Medical College, Karnataka, India||Assistant Professor||2013 -2018|
|AJ Institute of Medical Sciences, Karnataka, India||Medical Officer||2007-2010|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore.||Tutor in Department of Community Medicine||2006|
Top five publications of Dr. Rashmi R. Rao:
1) Nikitha Suvarna J, Amrita Parida, Basavaraj Poojar, Sumanjali Daggupati, Manju V, Rashmi R. Rao. Nephroprotective activity of Sinapis alba in gentamicin induced murinemodel of renotoxicity. Int. J. Res. Pharm. Sci.2019; 10(4):3761-7.
2) Kamath A, Rashmi R Rao, Preethi J Shenoy, Ullal SD. Approaches to learning and academic performance in pharmacology among second-year undergraduate medical students. Sci Med. 2018;28(4):ID32395.
3) Abhilash S, Rashmi R Rao, Sivaguha Yadunath. Assessment of prescribing pattern among orthopedic in-patients using WHO prescribing indicators. Asian J Pharm Clin Res.2018; 11(12):505-9.
4) Aiswarya N, Rashmi R Rao, Preethi J Shenoy, Chandran V, Teerthanath S, Sunil PB, Rakesh KB.Nephroprotective Effect of Aqueous Extract of Pimpinella anisum in Gentamicin Induced Nephrotoxicity in Wistar Rats. Pharmacog J. 2018;10(3):403-407.
5) Srivastava P, Rashmi R Rao, Preethi J Shenoy, Poornima Ajay Manjrekar , Teerthanath S, Bhuvaneshwari S. Nephroprotective Effect of Anethum graveolens in a Murine Model of Gentamicin Induced Nephrotoxicity. J Young Pharm. 2018;10(2):155-8.
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Medical Education, Pharmacognosy
Area of Expertise
Preclinical animal studies, Drug utilisation
Area of Research
Preclinical research,Medical Education
1)Evaluation of hepatoprotective potential of Sinapis alba against isoniazid and rifampicin induced hepatotoxicity in experimental rats. Mr. Navneet. 2019 2) Evaluation of the effect of betulinic acid on learning and memory in wistar rats. Ms. Riya Bhattacharya 2018 3) Hepatoprotective activity of Salvia hispanica (Chia) seeds on Isoniazid and Rifampicin induced toxicity in wistar rats. Ms. Apoorva 2017 4) Nephroprotective Effect of Anethum graveolens in a Murine Model of Gentamicin Induced Nephrotoxicity. Dr. Pragati Srivastava 2017 5) Nephroprotective effect of aqueous extract of Pimpinella anisum in gentamicin induced nephrotoxicity in wistar rats Ms. Aiswarya Nair 2016