CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dr Rekha T is the Deputy Director – Student Affairs (Mangalore Campus)
- She is an Associate Professor in Community Medicine.
- She teaches Community Medicine to undergraduate students.
- She also teaches Research Methodology to MPT students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Community Medicine||First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh|
|Research Methodology||MPT students|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Community Medicine||Government Medical College, Jammu||2007|
|MBBS||Nalanda Medical College, Patna||1998|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Community Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||20012 - till date|
|Department of Community Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||2008-2012|
|Department of Anatomy, Acharya Sri Chander College Of Medical Sciences, Jammu||Demonstrator||4 years|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Maternal and Child Health , Adolescent Health , Communicable and Non Communicable Diseases , HIV/AIDS, Tobacco and other addictions , Medical Education.
Area of Expertise
Maternal and Child Health , General Epidemiology
Area of Research
Maternal and Child Health , Occupational Health , Communicable and Non Communicable Diseases
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Received Appreciation Certificate for faculty research, 2012.
- Life member of the Indian Medical Association, 1998.
- Life member of the Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine, 2004.
- Member of the Board of Studies.
- Member of the Anti-Ragging Committee.
- Member of the Reception Committee.