Dr Rukmini M S
Professor and Head
Department of Biochemistry
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consultant Biochemist at Clinical Biochemistry Lab KMCH-AC.
Dr Rukmini M S teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)||Biochemistry||Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Mysore||1993|
|MD (Doctor of Medicine)||Biochemistry||Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal||2003|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Biochemistry KMC, Mangalore||Professor and Head||07/02/2023 - till date|
|Department of Biochemistry KMC, Mangalore||Professor||31/01/2023 - till date|
|Department of Biochemistry KMC, Mangalore||Associate Professor||2008 - 30/01/2023|
|Department of Biochemistry KMC, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||2003-2008|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Dyslipidemia , Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus , Cardiovascular diseases , Rare case presentations in clinical scenario
Area of Research
Prevalence of Dyslipidemia in Diabetes Mellitus /in relation to life style modifications , Therapy and Nutrition
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Member of Board of Studies for Biochemistry, 2013.
- Life member of Association of Clinical Biochemists of India, 2006.
- Life member of Association of Medical Biochemists of India, 2011.
- Life member of Karnataka Chapter Association of Medical Biochemists (AMBKC), 2012.
- Life member of Society of Biological Scientists of India, 2012.
- Internal Auditor for NABL accreditation process.