CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Santosh Rai teaches postgraduate and undergraduate students
- He moderates seminars and journal clubs
- he is also involved in daily ultrasounds, doppler studies, USG guided procedures, portable ultrasounds and sonomammograms
- He reports CT ,MRI ,Mammograms besides performing CT guided procedures
- He is incharge of the research and Web site cordination in the department.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|FRCR||Radiology and Imaging||Royal College of Radiologists, London||2007|
|DNB||Radiology||National Board of Examinations, New Delhi||2005|
|MD||Radiodiagnosis||Kasturba Medical College, MAHE University, Manipal, India||2002|
|MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)||Kasturba Medical College, MAHE University, Manipal, India||1999|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Associate Professor and Associate Director – Alumni Relations (Mangalore and Bangalore Campuses)||20-01-2015 - till date|
|Department of Radiodiagnosis and Imaging||Associate Professor||2008|
|Department of Radiodiagnosis and Imaging||Assistant Professor||2003- 2008|
MR imaging of tuberculous spondylitis
MR Imaging of infections of the brain
3D imaging principles in angiography- Review and current concepts
MR Neuroangiography- Our experience in stroke
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Neuroradiology , Vascular Radiology and MRI
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
General Radiology , Vascular Radiology , Neuroradiology , Paediatric Radiology
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Chief coordinator and Honorary Organising Treasurer of the Organising committee of IRIA
- Honorary Vice President of the Dakshina Kannada (Mangalore) chapter of the Indian Radiological and Imaging Association, Karnataka State branch, 2008-2009
- Honorary Treasurer of the Dakshina Kannada (Mangalore) chapter of the Indian Radiological and Imaging Association, Karnataka State branch, 2010-2011, 2011-2012
- Honorary Secretary of the Dakshina Kannada (Mangalore) chapter of the Indian Radiological and Imaging Association, Karnataka State branch, 2012-2013
- Member of the executive committee of IMA (Indian Medical Association), Mangalore branch and Website coordinator, 2013
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists, London, United Kingdom, 2007
- Member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS), New Delhi, India, 2006
- Registered with the Indian Radiological and Imaging association (IRIA), 2003
- Member of the Indian Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology (ISVIR), 2007.
- Member of Indian Society of Neuroradiology (ISNR), 2007.
- Member of the European Congress of Radiology (ECR), 2007.
- Member of the Indian college of Radiology and Imaging, 2004.
- Member of the IMA (Indian Medical Association), New Delhi, 2005.
- Certificate of Eligibility of Specialists Registration, General Medical Council, United Kingdom, 2008
The small wrapping around the large Case Report
Saudi surg J 2013;Volume- 1, Issue -2, Sept – December 2-13,ISSN 2320-3846
Morphometric evaluation of the foramen magnum - A study on computerized tomographic images of South Indian adults
Int J AJ Inst Med Sci (2); 2013: 65-72.
Giant posterior mediastinal liposarcoma presenting as dysphagia: A clinico-radio-pathologic correlation
Onc Gas Hep Rep 2014; 3:43-5. (National)
Feasibility of computed tomography angiography as an essential prerequisite tool in cases of massive hemoptysis requiring embolization in a tuberculosis prevalent South Indian population: Case series
West Afr J Radiol 2014; 21:53-8.(International)
Evolution from invasive arterial puncture to a venous access for cerebral angiography: "Cath Lab to CT suite"
Indian J Neurosurg 2014; 3:97-102. Vol. 3- Issue 2- May – August 2014 Indian Journal of Neurosurgery (National) Indexed.