CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Santosh Rai is currently Head at the Department of Radiology, Manipal Academy of Higher Education. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists. His main interests are in General Radiology, Fetal Medicine, Neuroradiology and Non Vascular interventions.
- Dr. Rai has authored 2 books and co-authored chapters in 2 books. He has published more than 70 papers in national and international peer reviewed scientific journals and is the peer-reviewer for multiple prestigious journals. He has also guided postgraduates in Radiology and undergraduates in ICMR student projects. He is also an approved PhD guide under MAHE.
- RESEARCHER ID D-8148-2014
- ORCID ID 0000-0002-7750-7147
- SCOPUS ID 26425194300
- Santosh Rai teaches postgraduate and undergraduate students
- He moderates seminars and journal clubs
- he is also involved in daily ultrasounds, doppler studies, USG guided procedures, portable ultrasounds and sonomammograms
- He reports CT ,MRI ,Mammograms besides performing CT guided procedures
- He is incharge of the research and Web site cordination in the department.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|FRCR||Radiology and Imaging||Royal College of Radiologists, London||2007|
|DNB||Radiology||National Board of Examinations, New Delhi||2005|
|MD||Radiodiagnosis||Kasturba Medical College, MAHE University, Manipal, India||2002|
|MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)||Kasturba Medical College, MAHE University, Manipal, India||1999|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Radiodiagnosis and Imaging||Professor & Head||21/07/2021 - till date|
|Department of Radiodiagnosis and Imaging||Associate Professor||2008 - 2021|
|Department of Radiodiagnosis and Imaging||Assistant Professor||2003- 2008|
Subject Expert in Doctoral study. Effect of low dose radiation and cynodon dactylon extract in wistar rat model of Comorbid Depression ; An novel approach towards therapeutic target in depression and anxiety. Dr Megha Gokul, Department of Physiology.
Subject Expert in Doctoral study. Effect of skill training on the motor learning of Isometric Shaker’s Exercise in elderly individuals with self-reported difficulty. Dr Thejaswi, TMA Phd Scholar, Department of Audiology.
Co – Guide for ‘Determinants of severity of COVID-19 among patients admitted to tertiary care center in the post vaccination phase’. With Dept of Microbiology
Co – Guide for ‘Anatomical variations in the Paranasal sinuses with Mucormycosis in COVID patients’ With Dept of ENT
Guide for ‘Application of artificial intelligence for autodetection and auto scoring of lung parenchymal abnormalities on computed tomography of the chest in covid 19 patients’ with NITK Suratkal
MR imaging of tuberculous spondylitis
MR Imaging of infections of the brain
3D imaging principles in angiography- Review and current concepts
MR Neuroangiography- Our experience in stroke
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Neuroradiology , Vascular Radiology and MRI
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
General Radiology , Vascular Radiology , Neuroradiology , Paediatric Radiology
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Chief coordinator and Honorary Organising Treasurer of the Organising committee of IRIA
- Honorary Vice President of the Dakshina Kannada (Mangalore) chapter of the Indian Radiological and Imaging Association, Karnataka State branch, 2008-2009
- Honorary Treasurer of the Dakshina Kannada (Mangalore) chapter of the Indian Radiological and Imaging Association, Karnataka State branch, 2010-2011, 2011-2012
- Honorary Secretary of the Dakshina Kannada (Mangalore) chapter of the Indian Radiological and Imaging Association, Karnataka State branch, 2012-2013
- Member of the executive committee of IMA (Indian Medical Association), Mangalore branch and Website coordinator, 2013
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists, London, United Kingdom, 2007
- Member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS), New Delhi, India, 2006
- Registered with the Indian Radiological and Imaging association (IRIA), 2003
- Member of the Indian Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology (ISVIR), 2007.
- Member of Indian Society of Neuroradiology (ISNR), 2007.
- Member of the European Congress of Radiology (ECR), 2007.
- Member of the Indian college of Radiology and Imaging, 2004.
- Member of the IMA (Indian Medical Association), New Delhi, 2005.
- Certificate of Eligibility of Specialists Registration, General Medical Council, United Kingdom, 2008
1. Santosh Rai PV, Suresh BV, Bhat IG, Sekhar M, Chakraborti S. Childhood adrenoleukodystrophy – Classic and variant – Review of clinical manifestations and magnetic resonance imaging. Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences. 2013;8(3):192-197. doi:10.4103/1817-1745.12366
2. Rai PVS, Santosh K, Chakraborti S, Pai S, Keerthi I, Pai MK. A blast from the past!: The value of adding single slice magnetic resonance myelography sequence to magnetic resonance imaging of the spine; a flashback to the conventional myelography of the past. Surgical Neurology International. 2014;5(Suppl 15):S523-S528. doi:10.4103/2152-7806.148018.
3. Santosh PV Rai , Pulastya Sanyal , Shivananda Pai , Basavaprabhu Achappa , Deepak Madi and Pavan MR. Synergistic role of susceptibility-weighted imaging with diffusionweighted imaging and magnetic resonance angiography in the evaluation of acute arterial stroke. Journal of International Medical Research 1–11, 2019
4. Rai Santosh, Kundapur Rashmi, Harshitha H.N, Prabhu Sudhir, Rashmi Anusha, Sathyanath Shreyaswi. Awareness of PC PNDT Act among Mothers Attending Tertiary Care Centres in Dakshina Kannada: A Cross Sectional Study. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development. Year : 2019, Volume : 10, Issue : 11 Article DOI : 10.5958/0976-5506.2019.03437.5 (online published March 2020)
5. R a i P V, Dudekula A, Venugopal A, Murlimanju BV, Pai M, Madhyastha S. Radiological study of the adipose tissue at the para cavernous region of middle cranial fossa. J Anat Soc India 2020;69:67-70. DOI: 10.4103/JASI.JASI_8_20
6. Srivastava S, Rai PV, Jain A, Shenoy S. Perception and practice regarding infection control measures in Radiology department during pre-COVID and COVID times—A survey among radiologists and a review of current concepts and literature. Indian J Radiol Imaging 2021;31:S139-47 (Scopus original article)
7. Rai SP, Kumar VK, Basavaiah SH, Sreeram S, Gopal S, Tantry BV. Efficacy and validity of image-guided percutaneous fine needle aspiration and core biopsy of liver pathologies: Saga of focal hepatic lesions from the nodule to the needle to the slide. J Cytol 2021;38:21-30.