CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinator of MBBS Evaluation
2. Diagnostic Laboratory work
3. Guides UG/PG research projects in Microbiology
4. Digital Coordinator of the Department
5. Involved in academic activities of the Department
6. NABL Internal auditor for KMC Hospital
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Medical Microbiology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||2008|
|MBBS||Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Science, Mysore University||2001|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||2012 onwards|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||2008|
|Yenepoya Medical College||Assistant Professor||2006|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Tutor||2005|
- Drug resistance profiles of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates at Mangalore. A Dissertation work done under the guidance of Dr.Radhakrishna.M,Associate Professor of Microbiology, Department of Microbiology, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore. Received RNTCP Grant of Rs.20,000 by the Govt. of India for the same.
- Comparison of micro PCR with the commercial Real time PCR in the diagnosis of HIV infection.(Bigtec company,Bangalore)Co investigator. Nov. 2013 .Rs 8 lakhs
- Study of macrolide and quinolone resistance in Haemophilus influenzae in a tertiary care centre .Manipal faculty grant . Rs 14,300 . February 2016.
- MAC ID Seed grant award for the year 2016-2017. Seed grant of INR 1 lakh is awarded.(dated 9 th Dec 2016) .Clinicomicrobiological profile of Gram negative bacterial infections in Adult ICU’s of a tertiary care centre. Co investigator.
- Utility of direct detection of mec A gene in clinical specimen for detection of Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus . Principal investigator . Mc Gill Rs 2018 . Rs 2,00,000
- Attended the clinical trial investigators meet at Vienna , Austria on 15,16 th Nov 2018. A Phase III, Randomized,DoubleBlind,Multicenter,Comparative Study to Determine the Efficacy and Safety of Investigational Product (combination of Cephalosporin & β-lactamase inhibitor) vs. Meropenem followed by Optional OralTherapy in the Treatment of Complicated Urinary Tract Infection or Acute Pyelonephritis in Adults(Wockhardt, Medpace)
- Selected to attend Summer training course at Mc Gill University , Montreal , Canada June 10- 21 2019. Travel grant Rs 3,00,000
- Best Out going Student in MD, Microbiology from Kasturba Medical College Mangalore. 20.03.2009
- Certificate of Merit for Research points . 22/03/2013.KMC Diamond Jubilee College Day & Awards Ceremony.
- Certificate of Merit for Research points . 21/03/2014.KMC Diamond Jubilee College Day & Awards Ceremony.
- Certificate of Merit for Research points(24) 20/03/2015.KMC Diamond Jubilee College Day & Awards Ceremony
- Coauthor for the best research publication 15/03/2019 .KMC College Day & Awards Ceremony. A study on biofilm production and antifungal drug resistance among Candida species from vulvovaginal and bloodstream infections. Infection and Drug Resistance 2018:11 2443–2448
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Antibiotic resistance in bacteria, Tuberculosis,Molecular biology , Community outreach programme
Area of Expertise
Antibioitc resistance ,Tuberculosis
Area of Research
Antibiotic resistance in bacteria and Sepsis
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Life member of IAMM.
Life member IAMM KC
1.Kavya Ramamurthy, Sevitha Bhat*, Shalini Shenoy, Aseem Rangnekar.Xpert Mycobacterium Tuberculosis/Rifampicin Assay: A Boon In Tuberculosis Diagnostics, Asian J Pharm Clin Res, Vol 9, Issue 5, 2016, 225-227.
2.Sridevi Shridhar, Sevitha Bhat* Clinicomicrobiological study of infections caused by Acinetobacter species . Asian J Pharm Clin Res Vol 10, Issue 4, 2017.223-24.
3.Shobha Prasada , Sevitha Bhat , K Vidyalakshmi .Taeniasis: An Unusual Presentation.Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2017 Jun, Vol-11(6): DD03-DD04.
4..Fecal Carriage of Extended spectrum Beta lactamase producing Enterobacteriaceae in Intensive Care Unit Patients ,Shalini Shenoy Mulki, Kavya Ramamurthy, Sevitha Bhat. Indian J Crit Care Med 2017;21:525-7.(brief communication )
5.Carbapenem resistant Enterobacteraiceae : New menace to our antibioitc Armamentarium. Ankita Porwal,Sevitha Bhat*Asian J Pharm Clin Res, Vol 10, Issue 9, 2017, 335-338
6.Prasad P, Bhat S. Clinicomicrobiological study of community-acquired pneumonia. Lung India 2017;34:491-2.(letter to editor)
7.Sanyuktha Shettigar, ShaliniShenoy, Sevitha Bhat, Pooja Rao. Microbiological Profile of Deep Tissue and Bone Tissue in Diabetic Foot Osteomyelitis. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2018 June, Vol-12(6): DC20-DC22
8.B. Laxmi Narayana, Pooja Rao , Sevitha Bhat, and K. Vidyalakshmi. Comparison of the Antimicrobial Efficacy of Various Contact Lens Solutions to Inhibit the Growth of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureus. Hindawi .International Journal of Microbiology Volume 2018, Article ID 5916712, 5
9.Clinicomicrobiological Study of Bacteraemia Caused by Coliforms in Adults . AnkitaPorwal1, SevithaBhat2, Ashwini Hegde3, PoojaRao4, Shalini Shenoy5 .Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2018 Jul, Vol-12(7): DC15-DC19
10.Bacteriological Assessment of Bottled Drinking Water Available at Major Transit Places in Mangalore City of South India.Nitin Joseph,1 Sevitha Bhat,2 Subhani Mahapatra,3 Ayush Singh,3 Sajal Jain,3Ahamed Unissa,3 and Namritha Janardhanan3Journal of Environmental and Public Health
Volume 2018, Article ID 7472097, 7 pages https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/7472097
11.Sanyuktha Tulasidas.Pooja Rao,,Sevitha Bhat,Radhakrishna Manipura. A study on biofilm production and antifungal drug resistance among Candida species from vulvovaginal and bloodstream infections. Infection and Drug Resistance 2018:11 2443–2448
12.Shobha Prasada ,Archana Bhat ,Sevitha Bhat, Shalini Shenoy Mulki, Sanyuktha Tulasidas .Changing antibiotic susceptibility pattern in uropathogenic Escherichia coli over a period of 5 years in a tertiary care center. Infection and Drug Resistance 2019:12 1439–1443
13.Evaluating Minimum inhibitory concentration values of Levofloxacin and Azithromycin in Haemophilus influenzae . Mithilesh kumar Jha , Suchitra Shenoy, Sevitha Bhat . Indian Journal of public Health research and development Volume 10 ,No 11 , November 2019
14.Clinicomicrobiological insight into bacteremia due to Gram positive cocci . Sowmya Shrigiri , Sevitha Bhat, Archana Bhat. Indian Journal of public health Research and development.September 2019.Vol 10 No.9.350-55
15.Evaluation of Carbapenem resistant genes and colistin susceptibility in Gram negative organisms from clinically significant samples Rai Dhanyashree, Rao Pooja, Bhat Sevitha , Jeppu Udayalaxmi .Indian Journal of public health Research and development.2019.Vol 10 ,No.10.39-44
1. Clinicomicrobiological study of bacteremia caused by coliforms in adults.Dr Ankitha Porwal. 2015 MD batch. Dissertation guide. ICMR PG GRANT 2016(Rs 25,000)
2. Clinicomicrobiological study of neonatal sepsis . Miss Avinika Agarwal.2 nd MBBS.ICMR-STS GRANT 2014 .GUIDE
3.Clinicomicrobiological study of Community acquired Pneumonia.Miss Prashasti Prasad(2016-01307) .ICMR-STS GRANT 2016.GUIDE