CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the administration to implement institutional policies, rules & regulations and plan of actions.
- Work towards the achievement of the institution’s Vision, Mission statement, overall & specific objectives.
- Ensure that students follow the rules and regulations of the college.
- Attend department, Institutional and University meetings as and when called for.
- Maintain functioning and operation of various equipment.
- Adhere to the time-table for theory and practical demonstrations for UG classes.
- Conduct lecture and practical demonstration to UG & PGs.
- Evaluate various presentations of UGs and PGs as per the specified format.
- Correct the log book/record book at regular intervals and provide feedback to students.
- Help in the conduct of sessional and University examinations and submission of internal assessment scores as per the specified timeframes.
- Be a part of paper evaluation, question bank preparation.
- Carry out examination responsibility as entrusted by the University/ College/ HOD.
- Help in the conduct of various PG teaching activities.
- Undertake delegated responsibility such selection of seminar / Journal Club topics and function as coordinators for various courses.
- Provide out-patient and in-patient services in a proper and timely manner.
- Regular clinical visits for in patient care.
- Ensure that cross-referrals are seen.
- Bring to the notice of the senior faculty any case which requires their attention/as laid down by the rules.
- Liaison with other departments (if necessary) to ensure that patient care improves.
- Publish papers including original research and try and procure patents.
- Attend and present scientific papers in CME conference and workshops.
- Assist in organizing CME, Conferences and workshops in the department
Patient Care and Management:
Research and other activities:
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Paediatrics||213||4th, 7th ,8th and 9th|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Paediatrics||Kasturba Medical College,Mangalore||2009|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Mangalore||Associate Professor||01-07-2016 - till date|
|KMC, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||06-05-2012 - 30-06-2016|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Haemato Oncology, Neonatology
Area of Expertise
Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Management
Congenital malformation in newborns for a period of one year-2013
Manipal Fund - 2013
Contribution of low birth weight to neonatal mortality
ICMR Project - 2012