CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Assisting the administration to implement Manipal Academy of Higher Education policies, rules and regulations.
- Organizing the departmental activities and administering the department efficiently.
- Helping orient the new staff appointed to the department and the students posted in the department.
- Active participation in organising CME and other departmental events.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery||Post graduates, MBBS|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||General surgery||KMC, Mangalore||1982|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Mangalore||Professor||1995 - till date|
|KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||1989-1995|
|KMC, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||1985-1989|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
1. Pulmonary surgeries 2. Vascular grafting
Area of Expertise
1. Managing complications of infectious lung diseases 2. Peripheral vascular disease 3. Vascular surgery
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
1. Member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
2. Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
3. Member of Hospital Mortality Committee