CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Suresh Y V is Professor and also a Consultant Anaesthesiologist at the Department of Anaesthesiology, KMC Hospital, Mangalore.
He teaches both undergraduate and postgraduate students. He is also a research guide and an examiner for the postgraduates.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Anaesthesiology||Seventh and eighth semester MBBS|
|MD in Anaesthesia|
|Diploma in Anaesthesia|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Anaesthesiology||Fr. Mullers Medical College||1995|
|MBBS||Ambedkar Medical College||1988|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Professor & Unit Chief||26/11/2016 - till date.|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Associate Professor - Professor||01/06/2004 to 26/11/2016|
|K.S.Hegde Medical Academy||Associate Professor||01/09/2003 to 31/05/2004|
|K.S. Hegde Medical Academy||Assistant Professor||01 /01/2001 to31/08/2003|
|K.S. Hegde Medical Academy||Lecturer||01/01/1999 to 31/12/2000|
|Fr.Muller ‘s Medical College||Lecturer||01/06/1995 to 31/05/1996|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Area of Expertise
Geriatrics anaesthesia , Regional anesthesia
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Life Member of IMA
Life Member of ISA
Member of AMC (Association of Medical Consultants)
The top five publications of Dr. Suresh YV:
1. Jayaprakash A and Osmani SG, Anupama SY, Suresh YV. Effect of Intravenous Dexmedetomidine on Spinal Anaesthesia with Hyperbaric Bupivacaine in Lower Limb Orthopedic Surgeries - A Randomized Controlled Study. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development.2018;9: 311-16.
2. Gautam M, Suresh YV, Anupama SY, Osmani SG, Kavya P. Comparison Prophylactic Glycopyrrolate, Dexamethasone, Metoclopramide in Control of Nausea and Vomiting after Spinal Anaesthesia for Caesarean Delivery. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development.2019;10: 261-66
3. Shaik Zebaish Zamir, Suresh Y V, Shaila S Kamath Comparison of Conventional and Lateral Approach to Supraclavicular Brachial Block. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, August 2019:10:8:759
4. Shankar D, Suresh YV. Comparison of various airway assessment factors with ratio of height to thyromental distance (RHTMD) in predicting difficult airway in apparently normal patients. J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci. 2017;6(011):902-907.
5. Ashwin AB, Suresh YV, Comparison of paravertebral block with spinal anaesthesia in unilateral inguinal hernia repair International journal of scientific and research publication 2015; 5(2)1-4.
1. Comparison of Prophylactic Bolus Phenylephrine Versus Bolus Noradrenaline Regimens for Maintaining Hemodynamics During Caesarean Delivery Under Spinal Anaesthesia 2. Comparison of outcome of three different modes of oxytocin administration in prevention of postpartum hemorrhage after caesarean delivery