The Department of Orthopaedics is now a separate branch from surgery and is evolving into various sub-specialisations. The department attends to rehabilitation of disabled individuals. Oldest department started in Dakshin Kannada. Lead by senior and distinguished faculty members, the department is now providing sub-specialisations such as Shoulder and elbow surgery, Hand and Microvascular Surgery, Total joint reconstruction (arthroplasty), Arthroscopy, Paediatric Orthopaedic, Foot and ankle surgery, Spine surgery, Musculoskeletal oncology, Surgical sports medicine and Orthopaedic trauma.
- One of the largest departments since the beginning
- Good Outpatient numbers
- Excellent teaching material for both undergraduate and postgraduate students
- State of the art operation theatres
- Latest surgeries are offered for various conditions (Total hip replacement, Arthroscopic surgeries etc.)
- Modern research facilities
- Curriculum tailored to the need of students which helps them in pursuing higher education in India and abroad
- Senior faculty members with years of experience
- Hands on experience
- Good infrastructure to facilitate learning.
About the Area of Study
Orthopaedics Surgery is a Branch of Science which deals with conditions involving the musculoskeletal system. Orthopaedic surgeons use both surgical and nonsurgical means to treat musculoskeletal trauma, sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumours, and congenital disorders.
There have been sub specialization such as hand surgery, shoulder and elbow surgery, Hand and Microvascular Surgery, total joint reconstruction (Arthroplasty), Arthroscopy, Paediatric orthopaedics, foot and ankle surgery, spine surgery, musculoskeletal oncology, surgical sports medicine and Orthopaedic trauma.