CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ashwin Kamath K Anandaraya teaches MD (Pharmacology), MBBS, BDS, BPT, and other Allied Health Sciences students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|MBBS||Third, Fourth and Fifth semesters|
|BPT and other Allied Health Sciences||Second Year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD (Doctor of Medicine)||Pharmacology||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2008|
|MBBS||Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences||2005|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Mangalore||Associate Professor||2012 to till date|
|KMC, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||2009 to 2012|
|KMC. Manipal||Assistant Professor||2008 to 2009|
|KMC, Manipal||Tutor||2005 to 2008|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Clinical Pharmacology, Drug Utilization, Medical Education
Area of Research
1. Diurnal variation in visual simple reaction time between and within genders in young adults: an exploratory comparative study.
2. A randomized, controlled, pilot study of the effect of unilateral left nostril breathing on cognitive function in healthy yoga-naïve individuals.
3. Attitude of medical students and doctors towards complementary, alternative and integrative medicine.
4. Prevalence of potential drug-drug interactions in patients undergoing chemoradiation and the impact of an expert team intervention.
5. Evaluation of the complexity of hospital discharge prescriptions using the medication regimen complexity index.