CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Professor of Pathology
Member of Faculty Research Forum at KMC, Mangalore
Postgraduate thesis guide
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Pathology||III, IV, V sem MBBS|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Pathology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1999|
|MBBS||Pathology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1993|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Pathology, KMC, Mangalore||Professor||05/08/2020 - till date|
|Pathology, KMC, Mangalore||Associate Professor||Nov 2006 - 04/08/2020|
|Pathology, MMMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||Mar 2006 to Nov 2006|
|Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore||Associate Professor||Feb 2005 - Feb 2006|
|Fr Muller Medical College, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||Jul 2000- Jan 2005|
|Government Medical College, Kottayam||Lecturer||Dec 1999- Jun 2000|
|Community Medicine, KMC, Mangalore||Tutor||Aug 1994- Aug 1995|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
1.Ocular, Neurooncopathology and Head and Neck Pathology 2.Gastrointestinal and Genitourinary Pathology 3.Infectious Diseases: Pulmonary and Extra pulmonary Tuberculosis, HPV, Malaria. 4.Cytology 5.Imaging and Artificial Intelligence in Pathology
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
1.P16 expression and HPV in oncopathology. 2.Ocular and Neurooncopathology 3.Gastrointestinal and Genitourinary Pathology 4.Diagnosis and Monitoring of Malaria, diagnosis of Pulmonary and Extra pulmonary Tuberculosis. 5.Cytology
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- MEMBER of European Society Of Pathologists.
- LIFE MEMBER of Indian Association of Pathologists and Microbiologists.
- LIFE MEMBER of Indian Association of Cytologists.
- LIFE MEMBER of Indian Society of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine.
- LIFE MEMBER of Indian Medical Association.
1. Padmanabha N, Kini JR, Alwani AA, Sardesai A. Acceptability of human papillomavirus vaccination among medical students in Mangalore, India. Vaccine 2019;37:1174-81
2. Roy S, Lal S, Kini JR. Novel Color Normalization Method for Hematoxylin & Eosin Stained Histopathology Images. IEEE Access 2019; 7(1):28982-98
3. Anantabotla VM, Antonya HA, Parija SC, Rajkumari N, Kini JR, Manipura R, Nag V, GadepalliR, Chayani N, Patro S. Polymorphisms in genes associated with drug resistance of Plasmodium vivax in India. Parasitology International 2019;70: 92–97
4. Krothapalli M, Kini JR, Kini H, Sahu KK, Shenoy S, Krishna SG, Tantry BV. Evaluation of p53 protein expression in Barrett esophagus. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2018;61(2):170-5.
Kini H, Kini JR, Suman E, Rai S. Fungal spores and fruiting bodies in cervicovaginal smears: Contaminant or infection? Diagn Cytopathol. 2017;45(3):191-4
PG Dissertations Supervised: SL. NO. TITLE YEAR 1 Evaluation of P53 Protein Expression in Barrett Esophagus 2016 2 IDH 1 expression in gliomas 2018 3 Analysis of cancer stem cell marker expression in carcinoma breast. 2019 4 Correlation of Programmed Death Ligand 1 with two pathogenetic pathways (APC/ β-Catenin and Microsatellite Instability) of colorectal carcinoma Ongoing 5 Immunohistochemical expression of BRAF V600E and KRAS in Colorectal Carcinoma Ongoing ICMR Short Term Project SL. NO. TITLE YEAR 1 Comparison of Auramine-O method using Light Emitting Diode Fluorescence Microscopy and modified Ziehl-Neelsen method in cytodiagnosis of tuberculosis. 2012 2 Crush cytology of colorectal carcinomas 2014 3 Validity of hematological scoring system and C-reactive protein as a screening test for early detection of neonatal sepsis. 2015 4 Evaluation of p16 expression in oral squamous cell carcinoma. 2016 5 Cytokeratin immunohistochemistry in the evaluation of tumor budding in colorectal carcinomas 2019 Manipal University Project SL. NO. TITLE YEAR 1 A study hematological profiles in HIV patients. 2012 2 A study of cytological findings in cervical (Pap) smears in correlation with cervical biopsies. 2014 3 Evaluation of the clinical relevance of elevated erythrocyte sedimentation rate and its correlation with the final diagnosis. 2015 4 Evaluation of p16 expression in oropharyngeal and hypopharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma ( excluding oral cavity) 2016 5 Laryngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma: Assessment of p16 overexpression on immunohistochemistry as an indicator of Human Papilloma Virus infection. 2017