CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Suchetha S Rao teaches Paediatrics and is presently working as Associate professor in department of Pediatrics in KMC Mangalore.
- Involved in out patient, inpatient , Pediatric Intensive Care Unit & Neonatal Intensive care unit management at KMC hospital Attavar.
- Undergraduate Teaching and examination.
- Involved in guiding undergraduates in short term research projects.
- Postgraduate Teaching.
- Guide the dissertation/research work of post-graduates
- Research paper publication in medical journals.
- Attending and scientific presentations in CME’s /Conferences/Workshops.
- Worked as assistant professor in the same department from 2007 -2011
- Assisting Unit head/Head of the Department in carrying out the administrative responsibilities.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Paediatrics||Fourth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD (Doctor of Medicine)||Paediatrics||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2002|
|MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1999|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Paediatrics, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||4-6-2011 onwards|
|Department of Paediatrics, KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||4-6-2007 to 3-6-2011|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Paediatrics , General Paediatrics , Paediatrics Endocrinology
Area of Research
Social Paediatrics , Nutrition
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life member of the Indian Academy of Paediatrics, 2003.
- Life member of the Indian Society of Adolescent and Paediatrics Endocrinology, 2011.
- Secretary of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine, 2010-2011.
Resistant hypertension in acute post infectious glomerulonephritis
2010-01-01 Rathika Shenoy Kamalakshi Bhat
2010, Suchetha S Rao, , , Nutan Kamath.
Management of primary immune thrombocytopenia
Study of complementary feeding practices among mothers of children aged six months to two years, A Study from coastal south India
2011-01-01 Swathi PM Unnikrishnan B Asha Hegde
Advanced maternal Grandmother’s age and the risk of down syndrome, A cross sectional study in Coastal Karnataka
2011-01-01 Safan Ahmed Nutan Kamath
Evaluation, awareness, practice and management of cold chain at the primary health care centres in coastal south India
2012-01-01 Sheikh Naftar S Baliga Unnikrishnana B
Henoch-Schonlein purpura, An update
2012-01-01 Nutan Kamath
Henoch Schonlein purpura, Classification and management an update
2012-01-01 Singhal Vikram Nutan Kamath
Metabolic syndromes, what the Paediatricsian Should know
2012-01-01 Swapna Anchuri Nutan Kamath
Biochemical basis of heterogeneity in acute presentations of propionic academia
2013-01-01 Sindgikar Seema Shenoy RD Kamath N
Approach to management of secondary hypertension in children
2011-01-01 Vikram Singhal Nutan Kamath
A study of clinical profile in infants with inborn errors of metabolism and assessment of growth and developmental outcome
Study of awareness and practice of complementary feeding among mothers of children aged 6 months-2 years
2010-01-01 Swathi P M
A cross sectional study in coastal Karnataka.
Factors affecting health related quality of life in children with thalassemia
2014-01-01 Laxmi Jayaram.
A study from a tertiary care hospital, Mangalore
Incidence and correlates of over-weight and obesity and perception of adolescents in south Karnataka regarding it
2014-01-01 Prakhar Singh
A cross sectional study.
Diet, activity prevents childhood obesity
Times of India supplement.