CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consultant Paediatrician, (Special interest: Pediatric Rheumatology).
- Full time post in a medical college teaching hospital with a major neonatal and paediatric intensive care unit.
- Responsible for Paediatric training and examination of MBBS, Bachelor of Physiotherapy, Diploma in Child health and MD Paediatric students.
- Administration of Paediatric unit which comprises of two professors, two associate professors, one assistant professor and residents.
- Inter departmental liasioning for improving effectiveness and patient care of the Paediatric department.
- Clinical Research-participation in national and international clinical drug trials, post graduate research thesis, MBBS students ICMR STS research projects
- Publications and Conference presentations.
- Member of Medical Advisory Board, KMC Hospital, Attavar
Nutan Kamath teaches Paediatrics, and she is also Consultant Paediatrician.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Pediatrics||213||4th, 7th, 8th & 9th|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Pediatrics||Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram Dist. Wardha Maharastra Nagpur University||1991|
|MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery)||Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, Nagpur University||1987|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Mangalore||Professor & Associate Dean||01-03-2018 - Till date|
|KMC, Mangalore||Professor||1-6-2002 onwards|
|Department of Paediatrics, KMC Mangalore||Professor and Head of Department||1.6.2002-30.1.2009|
|Department of Paediatrics, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||08-02-97 to 11-04-02|
|Department of Paediatrics, KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||1994-1997|
|Department of Paediatrics, KMC Mangalore||Lecturer||1992-1994|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Area of Expertise
Intensive Care , Paediatric , Neonatal
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life member of the Medical Advisory Board, KMC Hospital, 2013.
- Life member of the Executive Committee of Indian Rheumatology Association, Karnataka Branch, 2004.
- Life member of the Rheumatology Chapter of the Indian Academy of Paediatrics.
- Life member of the Institutional Library Committee and KMC Hospitals Transfusion Committee, 2009-2013.
- Organising chairperson of the Workshop Committee of the Karnataka.
- Appointed as Inspector by DNB-Ministry of Health, Government of India for approval of Diplomat of National.
- Organising Secretary of the 6th National Conference of Paediatric Rheumatology, Mangalore, 2008.
- President of the Indian Academy of Paediatrics, Dakshina Kannada branch, 2001
- Secretary cum Treasurer of the Indian Academy of Paediatrics, Dakshina Kannada branch, 1999-2000.
- Executive Committee member of the Indian Academy of Paediatrics, Karnataka state branch, 1999-2000.
- Chairperson of the Valedictory Function Committee, National Conference of Indian Academy of Paediatrics, Mangalore, 1995.