CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is involved in teaching and clinical supervision of undergraduate students of BSc Nursing and PBBSc Nursing and Postgraduate students
- Website Coordinator of the college
- Is the Subject Co-coordinator of III Year BSc Nursing - Child Health Nursing
- Clinical Coordinator of the department
- Overall coordinator of short-tem certificate courses
- Is involved in planning, organising, implementation and evaluation of curricular activities.
- Participates in research activities of the department
- Conducts periodic examinations and prepares the internal assessment score in time
- Performs planned and incidental teachings in the clinical area
- Guides the postgraduate students in their research activities.
Sheela Shetty is Assistant Professor – Senior Scale in the Department of Child Health, MCON Manipal.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Child Health Nursing||BSN 303||Third year BSc Nursing|
|Nursing Management||MSN 701||Second year MSc Nursing|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Master of Science in Nursing||Paediatric Nursing||Manipal College of Nursing Manipal, Karnataka State, India||2008|
|Basic BSc Nursing||Nursing||Manipal College of Nursing Manipal, MAHE||2000|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Child Health Nursing Manipal College of Nursing Manipal||Assistant Professor – Senior Scale||2011 - Present|
|Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal||Lecturer||2008 - 2011|
|Manipal School of Nursing, MCON, MAHE, Manipal||Assistant Lecturer||2000 - 2006|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Child Health (Paediatric) Nursing, Nursing Administration
Area of Expertise
Growth and Development of Children, Nursing Administration, Child Health Nursing, systematic reviews
Area of Research
Child Health (Paediatric) Nursing, Neonatal Nursing
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life member of Trained Nurses Association of India.
- Life member of Karnataka Nursing Council.
- Life member of Alumni Association MCON, MU.
- Life member of Critical Care Nursing
- Resource person for the ‘Advanced Pediatric Care Course’ in Al Salam International Hospital, Kuwait from September 21 – 26, 2019.
- Good Teacher award during the Annual day celebration of MCON Manipal in 2019
- Good Teacher award during the Annual day celebration of MCON Manipal in 2017
- Resource person for the ‘Advanced Pediatric Care Course’ in Al Salam International Hospital, Kuwait from April 16 – 21, 2016.
- Best poster award for the poster titled, ‘Magnitude of childhood hypertension in India – s Systematic Review’ during the International Conference on: ‘Evidence Informed Practice: An Approach to Healthcare Reform’ held on January 24 & 25, 2015 at MCON Manipal
- Good Teacher award during the Silver Jubilee and Annual day celebration of MCON Manipal in 2015
- Awarded maximum number of publications and presentations during the Annual Day Celebration of MCON Manipal in 2012
- Best paper presentation on ‘Supplementary feeding in children – a descriptive study’ during the International Conference on Transcultural Nursing organized by MCON Manipal on November 9 – 11, 2011.
- Resource person for the session on ‘Nursing process in pediatric nursing’ during the Faculty Development Program on ‘Effective Clinical Teaching Learning Strategies’ from July 26-29, 2011 at MCON, Manipal.
Breast feeding practices: An exploratory survey among mothers of infants.
2019-01-03 Mamatha Shivananda Pai Binu Margaret E Yashoda Sathish
Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development. 10(3), 253- 257. Scopus Indexed
Knowledge and Perception of Eco-Friendly Environment among High School Students in Southern India - A Quasi Experimental Study
2018-01-05 Akshatha A Nayak Mamatha Shivananda Pai
Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development, Vol.9, No.5, 109-113. DOI: 10.5958/0976-5506.2018.00421.7
Practices during Common Cold and Ear Ache in Children among the Koraga Tribes: A Descriptive Survey.
2016-01-10 Shrisha Binu Margaret E
Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, Vol. 7, No. 4, 30-35. (Scopus Indexed)
Bag Pack Weight and Musculoskeletal Discomfort among School Children.
2015-01-06 George Deepti Baby S Nayak
Nursing and Midwifery Research Journal, 11 (3). pp. 97-102.
Knowledge and Attitude on Care of Child during Common Childhood Illnesses among the Koraga Tribes.
2015-01-03 Shrisha Binu Margaret E
NUJHS Vol. 5, No.4, ISSN 2249-7110, Pg No: 13-16.
A survey on practices of koraga tribes during diarrhoea in children
2015-01-01 Shrisha Binu Margaret E
Manipal Journal of Nursing and Health Science. (Volume 1, Issue 1). http://ejournal.manipal.edu/mjnhs/docs/Volume%201_Issue%201/09%20BM.PDF Non-Indexed
Maternal anxiety and family support among mothers of neonates admitted in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
2014-01-09 Binu Margaret E Leslie Edward Lewis Ramesh Bhat Y
IOSR Journal of Nursing and Health Science (IOSR-JNHS), e-ISSN: 2320–1959.p- ISSN: 2320–1940 Volume 3, Issue 5 Ver. I, PP 40-43. www.iosrjournals.org Indexed
Dysmenorrhoea Among adolescent Girls – Characteristics and Symptoms Experienced during Menstruation
2014-01-09 Nayana S George Sangeetha Priyadarshini
Nitte University Journal of Health Sciences. Vol. 4(3).
Mothers knowledge on domains of child development
2014-01-06 Miby Baby Sangeetha Priyadarshini
International Journal of Nursing Education
Socialisation skills of institutionalised children in selected areas of Udupi district, Karnataka
2013-01-01 Binu Margaret E Priya L
International Journal of Nursing Education.Vol 5(2), Pg 39- 44 Socialisation skills of institutionalised children and to find the association between the socialisation skills and selected demographic variables. Materials and method: This study was conducted among 100 institutionalised children between the age group of 12- 16 years. A Social skill rating scale was used to measure the socialisation skills.
A study to assess the effectiveness of an information booklet on newborn danger signs among the antenatal mothers in selected Rural Maternity and Child Welfare Centres of Udupi district, Karnataka
2011-01-01 Binu Margaret E Sushila A
International Journal of Nursing Education, Vol 3(2) .
Effectiveness of Skin Tap Technique in Reducing Pain Response.
2012-01-01 Jose, Rose Mary Sulochana B
International Journal of Nursing Education. Vol. 4 Issue 1, p56-57.
Effectiveness of a Self-Instructional Module on administration of Paediatric medications among staff nurses
2011-01-01 Erna Judith Roach AnjalinD’souza
Indian Journal of Hospital Pharmacy.
A case control study to assess the risk factors associated with fetal and neonatal deaths in Kasturba Hospital (KH), Manipal, Karnataka.
2019-01-07 Ritu Kumari Binu Margaret E
A correlational study on physical activity, energy expenditure and body weight among secondary school children
2018-01-07 Kalyani Biswas Anusuya
A study to assess the effectiveness of nutritional enhancement programme on knowledge and micronutrient deficiency assessment skills among mothers of anganwadi children and dietary intake of micronutrients of anganwadi children in selected anganwadi centres of Udupi district.
2018-01-07 Shraddha S Kanchan Anice George
A study to assess students adjustment to their professional course and academic performance among undergraduate nursing students
2017-01-07 Bijoylakshmi Sahoo Pratibha
A study to assess the effectiveness of sensitization programme on knowledge and perception of eco-friendly environment among high school students in selected rural schools of Udupi district.
2016-01-07 Akshatha A Nayak Mamatha Shivananda Pai
A cross-sectional study on relationship between bag pack weight and musculoskeletal discomfort and perception of bag pack weight among upper primary students
2014-01-07 Deepti George Baby S Nayak
A study to assess the knowledge, attitude and practices on care of the child during common childhood illnesses among the Koraga tribes in selected tribal areas of Udupi district, Karnataka, with the view to provide an awareness programme.
2014-01-07 Shrisha Binu Margaret E
A study to identify the learning needs of school teachers on sexual health education and to evaluate the effectiveness of the teaching programme among school teachers
2013-01-07 Jenifer Shiny Baretto Yashoda Sathish
“A comparative study to assess the socialization skills among private school, government school and institutionalized children
2012-01-07 Priya Binu Margaret E
A study to determine the effectiveness of therapeutic play on anxiety among hospitalised preschool children in Kasturba Hospital, Manipal
2011-01-07 Luan Julie Soares Binu Margaret E
The present study aimed to find out the effectiveness of therapeutic play in reducing anxiety during hospitalisation among preschool children, as therapeutic play can be used in clinical settings to reduce anxiety and to improve the coping ability of children during hospitalisation.