- "CAMTech Innovation Award" for a project on the development of a novel approach for cervical cancer screening in resource poor settings, 2014.
- "IDF Innovation Award" for the idea submission on Automation of Malaria parasites detection using image analysis by Intellectual Ventures, 2011
- "Microsoft Rural Innovation Fund Award" for the BMD Scan project proposal, 2007
The industry-sponsored scholarships at MSIS like:
- GE Foundation Scholarships and NXP Semiconductors Scholarships, act as a testimony to the quality of the graduates from the institute.
- Times of India (19th May 2008) has listed the School of Information Sciences formerly known as Manipal Centre for Information Science under “Institute to Watch” along with IITs for its innovative programs.
- Electronics For You (EFY) in their April 2011 edition has also listed MSIS as the “Institute to Watch” along with top VLSI Design institutes of India.
- Freescale Cup 2011: Team SOIS were runner ups in the Nationwide annual contest hosted by Freescale Semiconductors India in Collaboration with Center for Electronic Design and Technology (CEDT), Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore on 19th September 2011 amongst 127 teams including few IITs.
- Embedded Systems students bagged the second prize for their project titled “Tracking Controller For The Parabolic Reflector with Static Focus” organized by IESA (India Electronics & Semiconductor Association), organized a Super Project Contest in the year 2014. The project has been carried out at World Renewal Spiritual Trust, Bangalore. This tracking system is currently being used by the NGO World Renewal Spiritual Trust India, at their Mount Abu Solar Plant.
- All India Paper Presentation Contest – Nov 2014, organized by Infineon Technologies, Bengaluru. There were 80 papers for the presentation from all over India. Our students bagged TWO Prizes. Students from Embedded Systems (Second Place) for the paper on Intelligent Vehicle using Electric IMP. Students from VLSI (Third Place) for their paper on Low Power consumption concept.