Mr Sandeep S Shenoy
BE (Civil), MFM, MPhil (Management)
Areas of Interest in teaching
He has been in academics for 10 years and has been handling Finance and International Business specialization subjects for MBA and BBA courses such as: Security Analysis and Portfolio Management, International Financial Management, Financial Management, Foreign Exchange Management, International Business Regulations in the PG level and financial derivatives along with International Finance at the graduation level. Prior to joining this institute, he was with a reputed construction firm Shapoorji Pallonji and Co Ltd for 6.5 years and has handled many of their prestigious projects in Mumbai such as Bharat Diamond Bourse, American School of Bombay, Nelco and P&G.
Areas of Specialisation:
Finance and International Business.
Areas of research interests:
Capital Market Reforms, International Financial Management, Security Analysis and Portfolio Management.
Research and Publications
a) Papers presented:
- Presented a paper “A Study of Bancassurance and the Psychology of Investors in an Indian Perspective” at 13thAPRIA International Conference on Risk Management & Insurance held during July 19-22, 2009, Beijing, China.
- Presented papers “ERP product lines Private limited- E Waste management”; “B-plan on smokeless Briquetter-Agni Company”; “B- plan on Ecotourism - Aram Ghar” at the National Conference ‘Entrepreneurship- A ray of hope’ held during April 4th 2009, SDM college of Business Management Mangalore, India.
- Presented paper “A study on motivating factors and the challenges faced by women entrepreneurs” at the International Conference “Harnessing the Entrepreneurial potential for Economic Growth” held during January 22-24, 2009, MIM, Manipal, India.
- “Online entrance examination – an Innovative Venture”, QIMPRO Convention 2008, Hotel Trident, Mumbai, August 7-8, 2008.
- “Brand Awareness and perception of life insurance as a profession with special reference to Bajaj Allianz, India”, 12th annual Asia-Pacific Risk and Insurance Association conference, Sydney, Australia, July6-9, 2008.
- “RBNQA- Award winning application of Manipal Academy of Higher Education in Education Category”, National Conference on “Making Quality Happen”, IMC, Mumbai, March 21-22, 2008.
- Research paper titled “Different Perspectives of Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO) – A Study “at the International Conference on Outsourcing organized by Manipal Institute of Management during January 7-9, 2008.
- Paper titled, “A Study on Investment Pattern of Small Investors and Factors Affecting Their Investment Decision in Udupi.”was presented at the International conference on’Emerging Financial markets’ organized by PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore during December 26-28,2007.
- Paper titled “Risk Management and Outsourcing” at the International Conference on Best of East and West, Nurturing Organisations, Organised by PIMR, Indore during Jan 30-31, 2007.
- Paper titled,” Factors Influencing Job Satisfaction-A Study of Corporation Bank Employees at Mangalore” at the National Conference on “Human Resource Development: New Paradigms & Directions” held during March 17-18, 2006 organized by Mangalore University (Department of PG Studies & Research in Commerce).
b) Papers published:
- Paper titled ,”Bancassurance and the Psychology of Investors : An Indian Perspective” was published in the Journal of Risk Management and Insurance ,Assumption University ,Thailand
- Paper titled, “A Study on Investment Pattern of Small Investors and Factors Affecting Their Investment Decision in Udupi.” Was published by PSG Institute of Management ,Coimbatore (Center for International Finance)
- Paper titled, "A Systematic Investment Plan: A Need and Awareness Study of Academicians" was published in the book “Strategies of Winning Organizations” printed by Excel Books.
- Paper titled, “Various Instruments of Intellectual Property Rights Protection” was published in the indexed journal ‘Business Perspectives’ (Special Issue on IPR), Volume 6 Number 1, January-June, 2004. Publishers- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida, U.P.
- Paper titled, “Environmental Issues- Solid Waste Management- A study” was published in the proceedings of the International Conference on logistics and Supply Chain Management (ILSCM) organized by PSG College of Engineering, Coimbatore.
- Paper titled "Solid Waste Management using Recycling - A study" was published in the book "Urban Infrastructure and Quality of Life".
- Paper titled, "An Outlook of the BPO sector and its Future potential in India" was published in the book “Enhancing Performance Agenda for Growth” printed by Excel Books.
Workshops/ Conferences conducted/ attended:
- Conducted QIP for Non-teaching staff of Manipal Academy of Higher Education working in Finance department on 22, 23 April 2007 in association with Manipal Institute of Managment. Topic handled “Savings and Wealth Management”.
- Convened the National Conference on “Urban Infrastructure and Quality of Life”, organized by Manipal Institute of Management, Manipal during May 15-16, 2004.
- Convened the International Conference on “Healthcare Market and Emerging Consumers – Innovation,,Efficiency and Effectiveness” organized by Manipal Institute of Management ,Manipal during January 21-23,2010
- Conducted a Workshop on’ISO –Awareness’. Client: Coronet Fishnet on 14th November, 2009.
Chairing Conference Session
Chaired the session on Insurance ,Finance & Investments in the 13th Apria International Conference , July 21st ,2009,Beijing,China
Books Published/Edited/Reviewed :
Edited a book titled “Urban Infrastructure and Quality of Life” published by Allied Publishers Pvt Ltd, Chennai.
Professional Association / Membership /Qualifications:
- Member Grade of AIMA.
- Certified Examiner Quality Management for IMC RBNQ Award
- IRCA Certified Lead Auditor (Trained by TUV).