Assistant Professor - Senior Scale
Qualification: Ph.D (Persuing), PGDCRM, MBA (Marketing), B. Com
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Early-career interdisciplinary researcher with a focus on tobacco control and a strong interest in public health policy. Research Scholar at the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) in the area of global tobacco control policies funded by the GCRF Tobacco Control Capacity Program, The University of Edinburgh, UK.
Academically an Assistant Professor with ten years of experience working in higher education and three years in Printing and Advertising industry. Skilled in teaching, Marketing, Law, and Corporate Governance. Strong education professional with a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing. Being an active member of the Volunteer Service Organization (VSO), facilitated activities that developed students’ emotional and social growth.
| Coordinator – VSO | Alumni Relations | Social Media |
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Business Law||III Sem|
|Organisational Behaviour||III Sem|
|Human Resource Management||IV Sem|
|Corporate Law||V Sem|
|Salesmanship and Retailing||V Sem|
|Business Economics – I||II Sem|
|Advertising and Branding||VI Sem|
|Health Economics||IV Sem|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MBA (Master of Administration)||Marketing||Mangalore University||2008|
|B. Com||Commerce||Mangalore University||2006|
|Qualitative Research Methods||University of Amsterdam (Online)|
|Questionnaire Design for Social Surveys||University of Maryland (Online)|
|Fourteen modules on research for early career researchers||Wiley Research Academy(Online)|
|Certificate Course in Biostatistics, Epidemiology & Research Methodology||Department of Data Sciences, MAHE|
|Certificate Course on Evidence Synthesis: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis||PHESA - MAHE, Manipal|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Commerce, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Assistant Professor||Class Coordinator||2013|
|Department of Commerce, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Assistant Professor||Course Coordinator - E-Banking & Finance||2013|
|Department of Commerce, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Assistant Professor||Course Coordinator – PG Dip in Jewellery Sales and Retail Operations||2013|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Public Health Policy - Tobacco Control, Industry Interference, Policy Coherence,
Area of Expertise
Marketing, Societal Marketing
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Research fellow - Tobacco Control Capacity Program at the University of Edinburgh, The UK.
- Visiting research fellow at the University of Bath, The UK.
- Honorary Research Associate- Institute of Public Health (IPH) Bengaluru
- Workshop on Qualitative Research organised by Kasturba Medical College, MAHE
- “Exploring the perception of tobacco vendors towards licencing” in the year 2020-21 funded by the Government of Karnataka in the year 2020.
- “Assessing the Tobacco Advertising Promotion and Sponsorship ban in Karnataka” in the year 2019-20 funded by the Government of Karnataka in the year 2019.
- “Beedi rollers perception towards alternative means of livelihood amidst economic benefits” funded by the Government of Karnataka in the year 2019.
- Developed promotional content on ‘Newborn Screening and Inborn Errors of Metabolism” for Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences in 2018.
- Attended Tobacco Control Capacity Programme (TCCP) Research Communication Workshop 2020 organised by HRIDAY and GCRF UK held between 27th to 31st January 2020
- Participated in a WHO funded “Good Health Research Practice” Workshop Conducted by the Institute of Public Health Bengaluru held between 9th December 2019 to 12th December 2019.
- Attended the annual meeting of TCCP, along with workshop on ‘Nvivo’ and a session on ‘Research Leadership’ organised by RC UK in London held between 4th to 6th March 2019.
- Participated in the workshop on Qualitative Research organised by Kasturba Medical College, MAHE held between 8th to 11th January 2019.
- Attended the Tobacco Industry Monitoring & Research Skills Course conducted by UKCTAS and University of Bath between 18th to 22nd of June 2018
|Manipal Press Ltd||Executive – Marketing.|
|Praksh Retail Pvt. Ltd||Asst. Manager- Advertising|
Beedi rollers' perception toward alternative means of livelihood amid economic benefits
2021 Kumar P Kamath A Nayak R Kulkarni MM Kamath VG Mullapudi S Bhagawath R
Indian J Community Med 2021;46:268-72; DOI: 10.4103/ijcm.IJCM_629_20
Institutional tensions, corporate social responsibility and district-level governance of tobacco industry interference: analysing challenges in local implementation of Article 5.3 measures in Karnataka, India
2022 Kumar P Barry RA Kulkarni MM
Journal: Tobacco Control; http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2021-057113
Advancing whole-of-government approaches to tobacco control: Article 5.3 and the challenge of policy coordination in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India and Uganda
2022 Barry RA Abdullah SM Chugh A Hirpa S Kumar P Male D Ralston R Wagner-Rizvi T Collin J
Tob Control. 2022 Feb 11:tobaccocontrol-2021-057154. doi: 10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2021-057154.
Customer preference and satisfaction in using e-banking services – A special reference to ICICI Bank
2013-01-01 Abhishek Shetty Talia Lewis
student batch and Semester 2012-13, 5th Semester , To understand the e-banking services provided by ICICI Bank and to understand the customer preference in using e-banking services.
Descriptive study on loans and value added services of co-operative banks with special reference to Badagabettu Credit Co-operative Society Limited (UDUPI)
2013-01-01 Glancia Mendonsa Raksha Soans
2012-13, 5th Semester, To get an insight on how the loan processing takes place in co-operative banks.
Value chain in supply chain management of eco- friendly paper bags at Peace India limited
2013-01-01 Akanksha.M.U Vedashree Nadendla
Hyderabad, 2012-13, 5th Semester, To study improved material delivery and shorter cycle time, including product development cycle times.