CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches students, conducts sessionals and mid-term examination and sets question papers for end semester examination.
- As a member of the Academic Review Committee, he is involved in subject evaluation and updates subjects, if necessary.
- Is member of the Institutional Disciplinary Committee. He maintains students’ discipline and conducts enquiry on violation of policies.
- Guides students for Summer Internship Projects.
- Is a member of the Board of Studies for syllabus and curriculum design.
- Coordinator for Placements- Responsible for 100 % placements.
- Providing training as an aid to placements.
- Organising industrial visits.
- Organising events, workshops, conferences, guest talks for the benefit of students.
- Is a member of the Committee for International Collaboration.
- He has completed his PhD in : A STUDY OF THE MARKET STRATEGIES WITH SPECIFIC REFERENCE TO UDUPI BRINJAL’ in the year 2018
- He is co-investigator in the social entrepreneurship project of the NSTMIS (National Science and Technology Management Information System) at the Department of Science and Technology.
- He is also co-investigator, Lead Agency, Preparation of the Human Development Report, Planning Commission, Government of Karnataka.
- He is a Member of Dr. T.M.A Pai cell for Social Entrepreneurship, .
- Is a coordinator for multi-disciplinary research
Vikram Baliga is currently an Assistant Professor at Department of Commerce.
His administrative responsibilities include:
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Business Law||BBM 205||Third Semester, 2012|
|Corporate Law||BBM 301||Five Semester, 2012|
|Financial Accounting||BBM 101||First Semester, 2013|
|Corporate Governance and Business Ethics||BPR 102||Second Semester, 2013|
|Total Quality Management||BBM 312||Sixth Semester, 2013|
|Principles of Management||BBM 105||First Semester, 2012 & 2013|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MBA (Master of Administration)||Commerce, Accounting and Human Resources Management||2002|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department Research||Committee Coordinator||Feb 2013|
|Department Girls Hostels||In charge||September 2013|
|ICICI Bank||1 year|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Legal Aspects of Business, Financial Accounting, Total Quality Management and Corporate Law
Area of Expertise
Customer Relationship, Management Marketing and Management
Area of Research
Consumer Behaviour and Agriculture Marketing
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Education Committee Member, Federation of Karnataka Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Advisory on the promotion of education in Karnataka, August, 2013.
Working Member, Dr. T M A Pai Chair for Social Entrepreneurship, , Promotion of social entrepreneurship through awareness programs, July, 2013.
Member, Board of Studies, Department of Commerce, , Advisory, April, 2012.
|Goa Bottling Company Ltd||Customer Executive||1 years 3 months|
|ICICI Bank||Business Banking Executive|
|Bajaj Capital Ltd||Branch Head||4 years|
Analytical study on factors determining work life balance
2011-01-11 Akshaya Rao Frency Cornelio
2011-11 Batch -5th Semester, A study has been undertaken on 78 respondents in the finance section of a leading University to understand the factors affecting work life balance. The study was undertaken using Rank order scale.
February 5, 2013, Vol. 14 No 36, <a href="mailto:www.deccanherald.com">www.deccanherald.com</a>
Tuesday, February 5, 2013, ISSN 0971-751X Vol. 136 No 31, <a href="mailto:www.thehindu.com">www.thehindu.com</a>
Udayavani- Kannada daily
Tuesday, August 20, 2013, <a href="mailto:www.udayavani.com">www.udayavani.com</a>