CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Training of undergraduate and post graduate trainees in clinical OPD skills and theoretical knowledge of the subject.
- Lectures, group discussions, pre-clinical exercises and patient care.
- Student assessment through written examinations, Viva-voce, Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCE)
- Attendance at local and international conferences to keep up to date with emerging trends to pass this knowledge to trainees
Dr R Arvind is involved in:
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||III BDS, IV BDS Post graduation|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MDS (Master of Dental Surgery)||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal||2007|
|BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)|
|Diploma of Membership of Faculty of Dental Surgery||Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasgow (MFDSRCPS Glasgow)||2008|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, MCODS Mangalore||Associate Professor||2010 to till date|
|Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, MCODS Mangalore||Assistant Professor||2008-2010|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthognathic surgery, Traumatology, Surgical Techniques
Area of Expertise
Exodontia and Minor Oral Surgery, Traumatology
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Member of Faculty of Dental Surgery, Royal College of Physicians of Glasgow,(MFDSRCPS Glasgow) since 2008
- Member, Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of India since 2008
Dentoalveolar Surgery in Oral Submucous fibrosis: Need for caution - Review paper
J. Maxillofac. Oral Surg. (July-Sept 2013) 12(3):341–342 Performing exodontia in patients with the precancerous condition of oral submucous fibrosis is difficult but frequently necessary. Literature has been reviewed with an eye to understand the underlying nature of the disease and factors that contribute to these problems
3 D CT Reconstruction of Mandibular Fractures
J. Maxillofac. Oral Surg. (2012) 11:377-378 3D reconstruction imaging has found varied applications. Do panoramic radiographs have a role in maxillofacial trauma?
Angioedema triggered by pulp extirpation – a case report
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (2011) 15: 253-255 Angioedema of the face may be triggered by dental therapy. The differing causes are briefly discussed and the treatment modalities outlined.
Oral Filariasis –A Case Report
British Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial surgery (2010) 48: 143-144. This paper describes a case of parasitic infestation in perioral tissue.