CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in departmental research to keep abreast of professional knowledge in the field of Nursing.
- Evaluates the performances of the students periodically.
- Ensures own professional and personal development and uses available resources effectively.
- Class coordinator of I Year BSc Nursing
- Subject coordinator for applied anatomy, applied physiology
- Prepares question papers
- Guides students in their theses/project works
- Guides and mentors students
Charlet Vaz assists in facilitating the overall professional and personal development of the students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Nursing Foundation - I & II||I & II Semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MSc (Master of Science) Nursing||Medical Surgical Nursing||Father Muller’s College of Nursing||2011|
|Basic BSc (Bachelor of Science)||Nursing||Dr. MVST College of Nursing Mangalore||1999|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Manipal College of Nursing, MAHE, Manipal||Assistant Professor||March 6, 2023 to till date|
|Department of Fundamental of Nursing, Manipal College of Nursing Manipal||Lecturer||August 2014 to March 5, 2023|
|Department of Medical surgical Nursing, Manipal College of Nursing Manipal||Lecturer||January 2014 to July 2014|
|ST. Ann’s College of Nursing||Lecturer||August 2011 to December 2013|
|Welcare Hospital, Dubai||Staff Nurse||2001 to 2009|
|Dr.MVST College of Nursing, Mangalore||Assistant Lecturer||1999 to 2001|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Medical Surgical Nursing, Anatomy, Physiology, Examination anxiety, OSCE
Area of Expertise
Medical Surgical Nursing
Area of Research
Osteoporosis knowledge among hospital aides
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of TNAI - Trained Nurses Association of India, 1999
- Member of Karnataka State Nursing Council (MSc in Medical Surgical Nursing), 2011.
- Member of Karnataka State Nursing Council (BSc Nursing), 1998.
Symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Dietary Habits and Stress in Working Women
2021-01-03 BSR, S Melita Sheilini
Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, 12(2).
Knowledge and perceived health benefits of Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty among patients with coronary heart disease.
2018-01-12 Leena Sequira Mukherjee K
J Clin Diagn Res. 12(12) LC01-LC05.
Infection Control Prevention Practices on Pulmonary TB Transmission among Health Care Personnel of Selected Hospital in India.
2018-01-11 Khaund K Sudhakar C
J Clin Diagn Res. 12(11) LC10-LC15.
Factors influencing examination anxiety among undergraduate nursing students.
2018-01-07 Linu Sara George Pothiyil TD Kamath A Pothiyil DI
J Clin Diagn Res. 12(7) JC16 - JC19
A Study to assess the effectiveness of Planned Teaching Programme on Knowledge Regarding Osteoporosis among Hospital Aides in a Selected Hospital at Mangalore
International Journal of Nursing Education, 5(1), 44 - 47.