CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- helps in the organization of the departmental curricular, and extracurricular activities periodically
- collaborates and coordinates with other departments where students’ learning is planned
- plans and conducts faculty developmental programs for departmental staff and participates in departmental research to keep abreast of professional knowledge in the fields of Nursing
- evaluates the performances of the faculty and students periodically
- ensures own professional and personal development and uses available resources effectively and explores the availability of necessary resources and maximizes the use of the resources.
- is a research co-guide
for undergraduate and postgraduate research studies.
- is Subject Coordinator for
Nursing Foundation I and II semester theory and practical.
- is Nursing
Foundation Lab. Incharge.
- sends monthly
department reports based on AQAR format to the office.
Laveena works as Lecturer in the Department of Fundamentals of Nursing. Functions efficiently and facilitates the overall professional and personal development of the students
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Fundamentals of Nursing||I & II semester BSc Nursing|
|Value added Course||II semester BSc Nursing|
|Professionalism||IV semester BSc Nursing|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Bioethics Certificate Course||Bioethics||Centre for Bioethics & Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal||2019|
|Certificate course in Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics||Clinical epidemiology and biostatistics||Dept. of Biostatistics, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal||2016|
|Master of Science in Nursing||OBG Nursing||Manipal College of Nursing Manipal, Karnataka State, India||2013|
|PC BSc Nursing||Nursing||Manipal College of Nursing Manipal, Karnataka State, India||2011|
|Diploma in nursing||Nursing||Manipal School of Nursing, Karnataka State, India||2000|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Fundamentals of Nursing Manipal College of Nursing Manipal||Lecturer||May 2014 to till date|
|Kasturba Hospital, Manipal||Staff Nurse||July 2007 to June 2009|
|HI- TECH Medicare Hospital & Research Centre, Udupi||Staff Nurse and Senior Staff Nurse||January 2000 to January 2004|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
OBG Nursing, Nursing Research
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Trained Nurses Association of India, No. 101301
- Registered Member of Karnataka Nursing Council (Reg No.37302)
- Registered Member of Karnataka Nursing Council (Reg No.003070)
- Registered Member of Karnataka Nursing Council (Reg No.5241)
- Registered member of Society of Midwives, India (Reg No.: 7302-2014)
Assessment of Climacteric Symptoms and Its Impact on Daily Lives of Employed and Unemployed Perimenopausal Women in Selected Rural Villages in South India
2023.01.02 Tenzin Phagdol Sushmitha Ramona Karkada
Hospital Topics. 2023 Feb 1;1-8 .
To Assess the Incidence and Factors Predisposing to Surgical Site Infection (SSI) in Patients Who Have Undergone Caesarean Section in Tertiary Care Hospital of Udupi District, Karnataka - A Retrospective study
2020-25-06 Ghosh D. Dr Judith Angelitta Noronha
Indian journal of Public Health Research and Development, 11(6), 222-225.
Awareness on Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) and compliance to management among pregnant women- A Narrative review.
2019-01-07 Konsam, M Sushmitha Ramona Karkada
Manipal Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences, 5(1), 47-50.
Knowledge and attitude regarding Menstrual blood banking
2019-01-02 Linu Sara George
Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, 10(2), 68-73
Prevalence of depression among post-stroke survivors in South Asian Region: A narrative review.
2018-01-01 Varghese, R
Manipal Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences, 4(2), 36-41.
Effectiveness of an informational leaflet on knowledge regarding breast cancer among women of Reproductive age
2013-01-09 Laveena Sushmitha Ramona Karkada
Nitte University Journal of Health Science (NUJHS) Vol. 3, No.3
Compliance to vitamin and mineral supplementation among pregnant women
Journal of Nursing Research Society of India Vol. 6, No. 1.