TissueQuant –a color intensity quantification tool
TissueQuant software is a tool for color intensity quantification, useful to assess the amount of stained substance present in a sample. The reference color and the shades to be considered for quantification can be selected by the user. The quantification is provided in terms of positively stained area and the color score which indicates the average amount of the stained specimen in the selected area. The total amount can then be calculated as product of area and color score. Option for calibration to set the scale of measurements is also provided in this tool. Facility to resize the images is also provided so as to reduce the size of images for further processing. Also, to measure the areas of irregular objects in an image, once the user marks the object boundary using an image editing software such as MS Paint, this tool can be used to obtain the areas of irregular objects based on the contours of boundaries drawn around the objects. The software provides extensive help documentation and videos to help the user understand how to use the software.
1. Sucharita S, Pranathi R, Correa M, Keerthana P, Ramesh LJ, Bantwal G, Venkatappa HM, Mahadev KP, Thomas T, Bosch RJ, Harridge SDR, Kurpad AV, Evidence of higher intramyocellular fat among normal and overweight Indians with prediabetes, Eur J Clin Nutr. 2019. doi: 10.1038/s41430-019-0402-4
2. I. Sladojevic, Z. Krivokuca, V. Gajanin, and S. Manojlovic. Expression of collagen type 1 in unaltered and osteoarthritic menisci of knee joint. Med Pregl, 69:16–23, 2016.
3. Prabhu V, Rao SBS, Fernandes EM, Rao ACK, Prasad K, et al., Objective Assessment of Endogenous Collagen In Vivo during Tissue Repair by Laser Induced Fluorescence. PLoS ONE 9(5): e98609, 2014.
4. Naveen K, Pramod K, Keerthana P, Satheesha NB, Ranjini K, Raghuveer CV, Histomorphometric Analysis of Dermal Collagen and Elastic Fibres in Skin Tissues Taken Perpendicular to Each Other From Head and Neck Region, Journal of Surgical Academia, 4(1) pp 30-36, 2014
5. Naveen Kumar, Pramod Kumar, Satheesha Nayak Badagabettu, Keerthana Prasad, Ranjini Kudva and Coimbatore Vasudevarao Raghuveer, Quantitative Fraction Evaluation of Dermal Collagen and Elastic Fibres in the Skin Samples Obtained in Two Orientations from the Trunk Region, Dermatology Research and Practice, Volume Article ID 251254, 7 pages, 2014
6. Keerthana Prasad, Bhagath Kumar P, Chakravarthy Marx and Gopalakrishna Prabhu, Applications of ‘TissueQuant’ – a color intensity quantification tool for medical research, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, vol.106, pp 27-36, 2012.
7. Keerthana Prasad and Gopalakrishna Prabhu, “Image Analysis Tools for Evaluation of Microscopic Views of Immunohistochemically Stained Specimen in Medical Research-a Review”, Journal of Medical Systems, vol. 36 (4), pp 2621-2631, 2012.
8. Keerthana Prasad, Jan Winter, Udayakrishna Bhat M, Raviraja Acharya V and Gopalakrishna Prabhu K, Image analysis approach for development of a decision support system for detection of malaria parasites in thin blood smear images, Journal of Digital Imaging, vol. 25, pp 542-549, 2012.
9. Kumar, Naveen and Kumar, Pramod and Prasad, Keerthana and Nayak, Satheesha B, A histological study on the distribution of dermal collagen and elastic fibres in different regions of the body, International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences, 4 (8). pp. 171-176. 2012
10. Reddy S, Kumar P and Prasad K, Histomorphometric and sympathetic innervation of the human superficial temporal artery, Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery, 44(1), 127-133, 2011.
11. Keerthana Prasad, Avani Sharma, Sandhya I, Gopalakrishna Prabhu and Muktha Pai, “Image analysis approach for automation of diagnosis of breast cancer from immunohistochemically stained tissues, World Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2(4), pp 187-194, 2011.PMCID: PMC3100486.
12. Keerthana Prasad and G.K Prabhu, “DIAG-Aid : Diag-AID : A Diagnostic Aid for Medical Image Enhancement Using Color Coding and Modified Histogram Equalization Techniques”, IJMEI, 3(3), pp 223-233, 2011.
13. Reddy S, Kumar P and Prasad K, Histomorphometric and sympathetic innervation of the human internal thoracic artery. Clinics, 66(1), 131-136, 2011.
14. Reddy S, Kumar P and Prasad K, Histomorphometric and sympathetic innervation of the human renal artery. Urology Annals, 3(3), 141-146, 2011.
15. S Reddy, P Kumar, K Prasad, Histomorphometric and sympathetic innervation of the human posterior intercostal artery and its clinical importance, Folia Morphologica, 70(3), 161-167, 2011.
16. S. Chakravarthy Marx, Pramod Kumar, S. Dhalapathy, Keerthana Prasad and C. Anitha Marx, “Microanatomical and Immunohistochemical Study of the Human Lateral Antebrachial Cutaneous Nerve of Forearm at the Antecubital Fossa and Its Clinical Implications”, Clinical Anatomy, 23, pp 693-701, 2010.
17. Keerthana Prasad, Bernhard Zimmermann, Gopalakrishna Prabhu and Muktha Pai, “Data mining approach for automation of diagnosis of breast cancer in immunohistochemically stained tissue microarray images”, The Open Access Medical Informatics Journal, Bentham Science Publication, vol.4, pp 86-93, 2010. (available at http://www.bentham.org/open/tominfoj/openaccess2.htm)
18 Bhagath K. Potu; Muddanna S. Rao; Gopalan K. Nampurath; Mallikarjuna R. Chamallamudi; Keerthana Prasad; Soubhagya R. Nayak; Praveen K. Dharmavarapu; Vivekananda Kedage; Kumar M. R. Bhat, “Evidence-based assessment of antiosteoporotic activity of petroleum-ether extract of Cissus quadrangularis Linn. on ovariectomy-induced osteoporosis”, Upsala Journal of Medical Sciences, pp 140 – 148, 2009.
19 S. Chakravarthy Marx, Pramod Kumar, S. Dhalapathy, Keerthana Prasad and C. Anitha Marx, “Microanatomical and immunohistochemical study of the human radial nerve at the antecubital fossa”, Annals of Anatomy, 191(4), pp 389-398, 2009