CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Helps in teaching and assessment activities of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Involved in guiding short term research ICMR and Manipal Academy of Higher Education projects for undergraduates.
- Guiding MSc research projects.
- Routine laboratory diagnostic reporting of clinical samples.
- Conducts CMEs, workshops and conferences.
- Conducts NABL internal audit of laboratory services.
- Quality management representative of the college diagnostic laboratory.
K Vishwas Saralaya teaches Microbiology.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD (Doctor of Philosophy)||Medical Microbiology||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2004|
|MSc (Master of Science)||Medical Microbiology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore University||1991|
|BSc (Bachelor of Science)||Canara College, Mangalore University||1988|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||2009|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Selection Grade Lecturer||2003-2009|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Senior Grade Lecturer||2000-2003|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Lecturer||1992-2000|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Diagnostic Microbiology, Study of pathogenic mechanisms of micro-organisms
Area of Expertise
Detection of virulence factors of bacterial fungal pathogens
Area of Research
Opportunistic infections (bacterial, fungal and parasitic infections) in the immunocomromised
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- International award for best poster presentation at UAE International Dental Conference (AEEDC), Dubai, February, 2013.
- Life member of Indian Association of Medical Microbiology.
- Member Secretary of the Institutional Animal Ethics Committee (IAEC), 2009.
- Member of Board of Studies, Allied Health Sciences, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.