Integrated End Degree (MD/MS) progression to PhD (with exit option):
- To encourage physician scientists to take up a research career
- Channelizing existing clinical resources into meaningful research output
- This is a good opportunity for candidates with an interest in research, as several national schemes that promote physician training program are available
MD/MS students can register in any of the three stages.
- During admission a student can opt for a MD-PhD; wherein a guide who is a eligible PhD guide will be assigned to the candidate.
- During the course of MD, candidates can express their interest when their topic will be reviewed and a decision on the guide for PhD will be taken.
- After completion of Master’s.
Regulatory issues and other matters:
- No change in MD/MS structure; As per MD regulations for the first three years
- TWO years minimum duration after MD/MS if they register their topic while registering the MD/MS protocol and continue immediately; MD/MS work to be considered as a pilot work. For a new topic, 3 years full-time research is expected.
All other regulations will be similar to PhD full time candidature
Course work: Research Methodology (RM) and academic writing (if they are not trained for RM in MD/MS)
Subject course work: Not required if topic is in the area of MD/MS
The student may OPT OUT of the program at any stage
MAHE will create opportunities for a research career in clinical departments
For enquiries, please contact:
The Department of Neurology has EEG/ENMG Labs.
Libraries have excellent resources for reference and study
Teaching hospitals give students hands-on learning
Get the perfect start to your dream career by joining the Institution of Eminence