CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Associate Professor of Pathology
Course coordinator Pathology - Allied Health Sciences (BPT, Bsc CVT, RRT-DT, RT, MIT, RTT)
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Pathology||III, IV, V semester MBBS|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|DipRCPath||Histopathology||The Royal College of Pathologists, London||2019|
|MD||Pathology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||2016|
|MBBS||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||2013|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Associate Professor||15/11/2020 - till date|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||28/10/2016 - 14/11/2020|
§ Ongoing project: Faculty seed grant of Rs.50,000 awarded by Manipal Research Directorate (Sep 2019). Topic: Podoplanin and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in oropharyngeal carcinomas.
§ Ongoing project: Collaborative project with Dr. Sumam David and Dr. Deepu Vijayasenan, National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, Karnataka. Topic: Utility of automation in Ki-67 analysis
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Genitourinary, Renal, Hepatobiliary, Gastrointestinal, Endocrine, Head and neck Pathology
Area of Expertise
Genitourinary, Hepatobiliary and Gastrointestinal Pathology
Area of Research
Gastrointestinal, Head and Neck, Hepatobiliary, Endocrine Pathology
1. Kini H, Sreeram S, Shukla S, Rao S, Sahu K, Adiga D, Suresh P. Congenital Pulmonary Airway Malformation - 19-year experience from a Tertiary Care Center in India. Fetal Pediatr Pathol. 2019;38(6):449-59.
2. Basavaiah SH, Lobo FD, Philipose CS, Suresh PK, Sreeram S, Kini H, et al. Clinicopathological spectrum of solitary plasmacytoma - A single centre experience from coastal India. BMC Cancer 2019; 19.801.
3. Hanaganahalli SB, Sreeram S, Bompada M, Kuppannagiri SK, Suresh PK, Philipose CS. Is MPV a predictive marker for neonatal sepsis? A pilot study. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2018; 40(7): 548-52.
4. Jaiswal N, Chakraborti S, Nayak K, Pai S, Shelley BP, Sreeram S, et al. Hansen’s neuritis revisited - A clinicopathological study. J Neurosci Rural Pract 2018; 9: 42-55.
5. Sreeram S, Chakraborti S, Naik R, Saha D, Radhakrishnan Y, Sridevi HB, et al. HER2 and Helicobacter pylori status in resected gastric cancers-A pathological study of a gastroenterological issue. J Clin Diag Res 2017; 11(10); EC01-5.
1. Indian Council Medical Research (ICMR) funded Student Short Term Fellowship project (2019). Topic: CD68+ tumor associated macrophages (TAMs) and their significance in gastric carcinomas. 2. ICMR funded Student Short Term Fellowship project (2018). Tumor budding assessment with cytokeratin and its significance in laryngeal squamous cell carcinomas. 3. ICMR funded Student Short term Fellowship project (2017). p16 and EBV-LMP1 expression in carcinomas of nasopharynx, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity. 4. Diagnostic Significance And Histological Patterns Of Pediatric Liver Biopsies In A Tertiary Care Center In South Karnataka: a 13.5-year Experience. 5. Correlation of thyroid image reporting and data system (TIRADS) grading with the Bethesda system of thyroid cytology reporting (TBSRTC) in thyroid nodules