CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Involved in undergraduate dental education which involves undertaking lectures, discussions, clinical teaching and supervision, problem based learning, assessment of students.
- Involved in postgraduate dental education which involves attending postgraduate programmes such as seminars, journal clubs, case presentations, clinical supervision.
- Is involved in comprehensive management of patients with oral diseases, oral manifestation of systemic diseases and dental management of medically compromised patients.
- Is in-charge for attendance and stock update.
- Is teacher guardian for third BDS students.
Almas Binnal is Assistant Professor in the Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Oral Medicine and Oral Radiology||Second, Fourth, BDS, Part one|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MDS (Master of Dental Surgery)||Oral Medicine and Radiology||MS Ramaiah Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore University, RGUHS||2010|
|BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)||SDM University, RGUHS||2003|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Oral diseases, Tobacco control, Oral cancer, Forensic odontology, radiation protection, link between oral diseases and systemic health
Area of Expertise
Oral diseases, Tobacco control, Oral cancer, Forensic odontology, radiation protection
Area of Research
Tobacco Control, Radiation Protection, Forensic Odontology
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of International Association of Dental Research, 2013.
- Life Member of Indian Academy of Oral Medicine and Radiology, 2008.
- Life Member of Indian Dental Association, 2003.
- Life Member of Indian Red Cross, 2012.