CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works as a class coordinator for 1st Year BSc Nursing students
- Works as clinical supervisor for medical and surgical ward, both for UG and PG students.
- Counsels academically poor students
- Participates in conducting departmental research studies
- Participates in evaluation of the curriculum
- Guides UG and PG Nursing student’s projects
Radhika R Pai is working as Assistant Professor – Senior Scale in the Department of Fundamentals of Nursing, MCON Manipal. She teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Nursing Foundation||First Year BSc Nursing|
|Physiology||First year BSc Nursing|
|Medical Surgical Nursing||Second Year BSc Nursing|
|Medical Surgical Nursing II||Third Year BSc Nursing|
|Critical Care Nursing I||Second Year Nurse Practitioner|
|Basic Nursing and First Aid||BPT, Mangalore|
|First Aid and CPR||NMT, Manipal|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|International Diabetes Educator E- Learning Course (IDEEL)||International Diabetes Federation||2015|
|Certificate course in Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research methods||Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research methods||Department of Statistics, MU, Manipal||2014|
|MSc||Oncology nursing||Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2009|
|BSc Nursing||Nursing||JSS College of Nursing, RGUHS, Mysore||2005|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal||Assistant Professor Sr Scale||2016|
|School of Nursing, Mangalore||Assistant Professor - Sr. Scale||2014 - 16|
|School of Nursing, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||2012|
|School of Nursing Mangalore||Lecturer||2009|
|School of Nursing Mangalore||Assistant Lecturer||2006|
|Alvas College of Nursing, Moodbidri||Assistant Lecturer||2005|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Preventive oncology, Continuing education of staff nurses, Chemotherapy and radiation therapy, technology based learning
Area of Expertise
Oncology nursing, Nursing Foundation, Nursing Education
Area of Research
Oral care in Head and Neck cancer patients, Venous thrombosis among cancer patients, OSCE, Teaching and learning portfolios, Student nurses clinical competency
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life member of TNAI (Trained Nurses Association of India).
- Life member of ONAI (Oncology Nurses Association of India).
- Life member of IAPC (Indian Association of Palliative Care).
- Awarded the Cynthia N. Rittenberg Travel Scholarship for the abstract titled “Evaluation of an Oral Care Protocol for Chemotherapy- and Radiation Therapy-Induced Oral Complications in Head and Neck Cancer Patients.” This award was given by MASSCC/ISOO award committee to attend a conference on MASCC annual meeting 2019 at San Francisco, USA between 21.06.19 to 23.06.19.
- Awarded as “Best Teacher” by the students of MCON, Mangalore during teachers day celebrations on 5th September 2010
- Secured 3rd place in the poster presentation at International Conference on Research methods with a focus on “Mixed Method Research” conducted by Omayal Achi College of Nursing, Puzhal, Chennai, on 19th January 2012.
Palliative care challenges and strategies for the management amid COVID-19 pandemic in India: Perspectives of palliative care nurses, cancer patients, and caregivers.
2020 June Malathi G Nayak Sangeetha N
Indian Journal of Palliative Care. 1;26(5):121.
Oral care in cancer nursing: Practice and barriers.
2019-01-01 Ongole, R Banerjee, S
Indian Journal of Dental Research, 30(2), 226.
Oral Care Protocol for Chemotherapy-and Radiation Therapy-Induced Oral Complications in Cancer Patients: Study Protocol.
January 01, 2019 Radhika R Pai Prasad, K Ongole, R Banerjee, S Dr Baby S Nayak Anice George Dr Linu Sara George
Asia-Pacific Journal of Oncology Nursing, 6(4), 417.
"Nurses’ Knowledge and Education about Oral Care of Cancer Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy.
2015-01-01 Ongole, Ravikiran
Indian Journal of Palliative Care.21 (2): 225-230. ISSN 0973-1075
Perception of the staff nurses regarding caring patients from different culture.
2014-01-01 Janet Alva
The Journal of Nursing Trendz. 5(1): 18-22.
Perception of audit process among staff nurses
2012-01-01 Janet Alva Christopher Sudhakar
Nursing Journal of India, Vol CIII No 5.
Low back pain among student nurses
International Journal of Nursing Education, Vol 3 No1.
A study to assess the pattern of smart phone usage, smart phone addiction and associated subjective health problems among nursing students of selected colleges of Udupi district, Karnataka State, India.
July 01, 2019 Radhika R Pai Joyce Machado Reshma R Kotian
A study to assess the information needs and risk of Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) among cancer patients receiving chemotherapy with a view to develop and validate information guide in a tertiary care center, Udupi district.
2019-01-07 Smita D Varghese
A study to assess the knowledge and practices of cleaning and disinfection among Health Care Workers (HCWs) in the intensive care units (ICUs) of a tertiary care hospital in Udupi district, Karnataka.
2017-01-07 Tincy Varghese
Perception of staff Nurses regarding Quality Audit Process in hospitals of Mangalore district, Karnataka
2012-02-01 Nima Lhamo Dona M Jose Jesty M Mathew Dinsa Paul Nimil Netto GA Sunny
Knowledge, attitude and practice of breast self-examination (BSE) among health care workers working in selected hospitals of Dakshina Kannada district, Karnataka
2010-01-01 Abu Hashim Princy M Joys Johnson Saranya. TP