CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works as a class coordinator for 1st Year BSc Nursing students
- Works as clinical supervisor for medical and surgical ward, both for UG and PG students.
- Counsels academically poor students
- Participates in conducting departmental research studies
- Participates in evaluation of the curriculum
- Guides UG and PG Nursing student’s projects
Radhika R Pai is working as Assistant Professor – Senior Scale in the Department of Fundamentals of Nursing, MCON Manipal. She teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Nursing Foundation||First & Second Semester BSc Nursing|
|Critical Care Nursing I||Second Year Nurse Practitioner|
|Advanced Nursing Practice||I Year MSc Nursing|
|Certificate Course in Oncology Nursing||Three months certificate course|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|National Fellowship in Palliative Care Nursing (NFPN)||Palliative Care||Institute of Palliative Medicine (IPM), Calicut||2023|
|PhD in Nursing||Oncology Nursing||MCON, MAHE, Manipal||2020|
|International Diabetes Educator E- Learning Course (IDEEL)||International Diabetes Federation||2015|
|Certificate course in Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research methods||Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research methods||Department of Statistics, MU, Manipal||2014|
|MSc||Oncology nursing||Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2009|
|BSc Nursing||Nursing||JSS College of Nursing, RGUHS, Mysore||2005|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal||Assistant Professor - Sr Scale||2016|
|School of Nursing, Mangalore||Assistant Professor - Sr. Scale||2014 - 16|
|School of Nursing, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||2012|
|School of Nursing Mangalore||Lecturer||2009|
|School of Nursing Mangalore||Assistant Lecturer||2006|
|Alvas College of Nursing, Moodbidri||Assistant Lecturer||2005|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Preventive oncology, Continuing education of staff nurses, Chemotherapy and radiation therapy, technology based learning
Area of Expertise
Oncology nursing, Nursing Foundation, Nursing Education
Area of Research
Oral care in Head and Neck cancer patients, Venous thrombosis among cancer patients, OSCE, Teaching and learning portfolios, Student nurses clinical competency
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life member of TNAI (Trained Nurses Association of India).
- Life member of ONAI (Oncology Nurses Association of India).
- Life member of IAPC (Indian Association of Palliative Care).
- Awarded the Cynthia N. Rittenberg Travel Scholarship for the abstract titled “Evaluation of an Oral Care Protocol for Chemotherapy- and Radiation Therapy-Induced Oral Complications in Head and Neck Cancer Patients.” This award was given by MASSCC/ISOO award committee to attend a conference on MASCC annual meeting 2019 at San Francisco, USA between 21.06.19 to 23.06.19.
- Lecture Series Grant on Translating Research into Practice (TRIP): Shifting Paradigm for Clinical Practice. Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (New Delhi, India, IN). March 2022 URL: http://www.shastriinstitute.org/node/13190
- ICMR ICRC Grant for Effectiveness of Capacity Building: Integrating the palliative care and symptom relief into Primary Health Care - An Evaluative approach. 2020-01 to 2023-12 URL: http://www.ctri.nic.in/Clinicaltrials/pdf_generate.php?trialid=42730&EncHid=&modid=&compid=%27,%2742730det%27
- Awarded as “Best Teacher” by the students of MCON, Mangalore during teachers day celebrations on 5th September 2010
- Secured 3rd place in the poster presentation at International Conference on Research methods with a focus on “Mixed Method Research” conducted by Omayal Achi College of Nursing, Puzhal, Chennai, on 19th January 2012.
The pattern of smartphone usage, smartphone addiction, and associated subjective health problems associated with smartphone use among undergraduate nursing students.
2023-28-02 Joyce Machado Reshma
J Edu Health Promot 2023;12:49.
Assessment of the cleaning and disinfection practices among healthcare workers in Intensive Care Units (ICUs) post-patient discharge.
01.12.2023 Varghese T Varghese R
Manipal Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences. 2022;8(2):10-17
Clinical Experience during the Covid-19 pandemic: Student Nurses Perspectives from India
01.12.2022 Monis VR David AR Linu Sara George
Manipal Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences. 2022;8(2):1-4
Information need assessment and development of information booklet for cancer patients receiving chemotherapy: cross-sectional analysis.
June 2022 Smita D Varghese Karthik S Udupa
Cancer Research, Statistics, and Treatment. 2022;5(2):254-65.
Improving symptom assessment and management in the community through capacity building of primary palliative care: A study protocol of exploratory research
F1000Research 2022, 11:733
Assessment and oral care: An essential nursing activity for patients receiving cancer treatment.
Manipal Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences. 2021;7(1):9.
Palliative care challenges and strategies for the management amid COVID-19 pandemic in India: Perspectives of palliative care nurses, cancer patients, and caregivers.
2020 June Malathi G Nayak Sangeetha N
Indian Journal of Palliative Care. 1;26(5):121.
Oral care in cancer nursing: Practice and barriers.
2019-01-01 Ravikiran Ongole Sourjya Banerjee
Indian Journal of Dental Research, 30(2), 226.
Oral Care Protocol for Chemotherapy-and Radiation Therapy-Induced Oral Complications in Cancer Patients: Study Protocol.
January 01, 2019 Krishna Prasad Ravikiran Ongole Sourjya Banerjee Baby S Nayak Dr Anice George Linu Sara George
Asia-Pacific Journal of Oncology Nursing, 6(4), 417.
"Nurses’ Knowledge and Education about Oral Care of Cancer Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy.
2015-01-01 Ravikiran Ongole
Indian Journal of Palliative Care.21 (2): 225-230. ISSN 0973-1075
Perception of the staff nurses regarding caring patients from different culture.
2014-01-01 Janet Alva
The Journal of Nursing Trendz. 5(1): 18-22.
Perception of audit process among staff nurses
2012-01-01 Janet Alva Christopher Sudhakar Janet Alva
Nursing Journal of India, Vol CIII No 5.
Low back pain among student nurses
2011-01-01 Dr Daisy Josphine Lobo Melita Sheilini
International Journal of Nursing Education, Vol 3 No1.
Assessment of presenting symptoms, risk factors and quality of life among ovarian cancer patients: a cross-sectional survey
Perception, satisfaction, and self-regulation in blended learning environment during Covid-19 pandemic among health sciences students: a cross-sectional survey”
Awareness and attitude on factors contributing and its preventive measures on coronary artery disease among non health care professionals: A cross sectional study
A study to assess the pattern of smart phone usage, smart phone addiction and associated subjective health problems among nursing students of selected colleges of Udupi district, Karnataka State, India.
July 01, 2019 Radhika R Pai Joyce Machado Reshma R Kotian
A study to assess the information needs and risk of Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) among cancer patients receiving chemotherapy with a view to develop and validate information guide in a tertiary care center, Udupi district.
2019-01-07 Smita D Varghese
A study to assess the knowledge and practices of cleaning and disinfection among Health Care Workers (HCWs) in the intensive care units (ICUs) of a tertiary care hospital in Udupi district, Karnataka.
2017-01-07 Tincy Varghese
Perception of staff Nurses regarding Quality Audit Process in hospitals of Mangalore district, Karnataka
2012-02-01 Nima Lhamo Dona M Jose Jesty M Mathew Dinsa Paul Nimil Netto GA Sunny
Knowledge, attitude and practice of breast self-examination (BSE) among health care workers working in selected hospitals of Dakshina Kannada district, Karnataka
2010-01-01 Abu Hashim Princy M Joys Johnson Saranya. TP