CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting funded research studies.
- Mentoring postgraduate and under graduate students.
- Developing manuscripts for peer reviewed journals, abstracts for conferences and workshops.
- Research methodology.
- Statistical analysis support to students and faculty members to develop abstracts, manuscripts and reports.
- Teaching, Lesson Planning and Syllabus revision.
- Conducting conferences and workshops on relevant topics.
- Practical, and Field visits.
- Soft skill development - MsExcel, Use of statistical softwares (SPSS and STATA), Literature reviews, etc.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Basic and Applied epidemiology||MPH 601||First semester|
|Introductory Biostatistics for Public Health||MPH 603||First semester|
|Survey Data & Management||MPH 605||First semester|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||MPH 609||First Semester|
|Public Health Interventions, Programme Monitoring and Evaluation||MPH 621|
|Clinical Research and Ethics||MPH 613||Third Semester|
|Global Issues in Maternal & Child Health||MCH 633||Third Semester|
|Infectious Disease and Surveillance||MPH 614||Second Semester|
|Applied Epidemiology and Biostatistics||Second Semester|
|Demography and Population Sciences||MCH 616||Second Semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Post-Doctorate in Population Studies||North-West University, Mafikeng Campus, South Africa.||Sept 2007|
|PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) in Population Studies||Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India||2003|
|MPhil (Master of Philosophy) in Population Studies||Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India||1998|
|MSc (Master of Science) in Demography||Kerala University, Kerala, India||1995|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), New Delhi||Senior Research Scientist||March 2013 to August 2014|
|Family Health International (FHI 360), New Delhi||Senior Technical Officer (Research)||Oct 2007 to Feb 2013|
|Futures Group (Innovations in family planning services Technical Assistance Project – ITAP, funded by USAID), Jharkhand||State Operations Research Advisor||Feb to Aug 2006|
|MODE Services Private Limited, New Delhi.||Research Manager||Nov 2004 to Jan 2006|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Socio-behavioural and biological aspects of health, Vulnerable population groups, Migration
Area of Expertise
Health surveys, Demographic analysis, Statistical modelling, Evaluation frameworks
Area of Research
Epidemiology of communicable and non-communicable diseases, Operational & implementation research, Evaluation of health programs
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Part of National Working Group member in National Integrated Biological and Behavioural Surveillance Survey covering a sample size of 152,000 from all states in India (MoHFW/NACO)
- Conducted more than 25 National level research studies in HIV, Reproductive Health, Family Planning, Education and Child Labour
- More than 40 presentations at National and International Conferences
- Board of study member and Adjuct Faculty in School of Public Health, SRM University, Chennai
- Examiner & evaluator of Ph.D and MPH research projects in Nitte and SRM Universities
- Member of Asia Population Association, Indian Association for the study of population
|Gfk MODE India, Delhi||Research Manager|
An exploration of elevated HIV and STI risk among male sex workers from India.
BMC Public Health, 2013 Vol. 13, No.1:1059 Anjana Das, Guy Morineau, Parimi Prabhakar, Gururaj Rao Deshpande, Raman Gangakhedkar, Arun Risbud