The MPH (Master of Public Health) Programme (launched in 2009) offered at the Department of Health Policy offers a perfect blend of interactive lectures alongside with field visits, practicals and internship. The Programme consists of hands-on training for students in the form of a research project.
- Epidemiology - Nutritional Epidemiology, Clinical Research & Ethics, Chronic Disease Epidemiology, Infectious disease
- Maternal and Child Health - Policy and legislations, Demography, Global issues in Maternal & Child Health, Sustainable development goals
- Environmental & Occupational Health - Basics of Environmental Health, Occupational Health, Environmental exposure and toxicity
- Global Health - Anthropology, Global Public Health in emergencies
- National Health policies and programmes
Common subjects: (Epidemiology - Basic & Applied), Statistics -Basic and Applied, Research methods, Social and Behavioral sciences, Health economics, Health Services Administration and Management, Monitoring & Evaluation of Public Health programmes, Health communication. Training on application of Statistical packages.
- Field work for integration of theory and practice (hands-on experience)
- Participation in seminars/workshops/conferences
- Presentation of papers at national and international seminars/conferences
- Hands-on Training on proposal development in an international setting
Two-year full-time programme with modular-based curriculum framework.
Graduates with a Bachelor's degree in Health Science (BDS, MBBS, Nursing, Life Sciences, AYUSH and allied Health Sciences) from a UGC recognized University with minimum of 60% of marks (in aggregate) are eligible to apply for the MPH (Master of Public Health) programme.
Selection of eligible candidates will be based on merit and personal interview.
Through collaborations with developmental organizations, alumni network as well as research institutes, the department provides placement assistance to successful students.
How to Apply
Applications open for the academic year 2021-22.
Apply at https://apply.manipal.edu/.
Choose Stream: Public Health to apply for this programme.
Last Date to Apply: June 30, 2021
Click here for the Programme Brochure