The MSc Programme in Data Science (launched in 2019) offered at the Department of Data Science is a perfect blend of Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics, Statistics and the Biological Sciences. It aims to nurture the students with inter-disciplinary expertise through
• Strong methodological foundations in the decision sciences
• Versatile training in data-centric research
• Competency to work in multiple programming environments (R, STATA, SAS, SPSS, Python, Hadoop, Spark and SQL)
Two-year full-time programme with modular-based curriculum framework.
Graduates with the following qualifications (with a minimum of 60% of marks or equivalent grade) from UGC Recognized Universities may apply for MSc (Data Science) programme.
· BSc. Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Science
· BE/B. Tech/BCA
· Any other Graduation with a minimum of two years of learning of Mathematics or Statistics
· Programming knowledge is a pre-requisite for admissions to this programme
Selection of eligible candidates will be based on the merit of rank obtained in the entrance examination and/or personal interview. In the absence of entrance examination/interview, the merit of rank is prepared by using the grade obtained in Mathematics and/or Statistics and/or Computer Science in the qualifying examinations.
The department prepares students for a career as data scientists and researchers enabling them to make a mark in the corporate sector as well as academic institutions. Through industry-academia collaborations, the department provides placement assistance to the students on successful completion of the course.
How to Apply
Applications open for the academic year 2022-23.
Apply at https://apply.manipal.edu/.
Choose Stream: Data Science to apply for this programme.
Click here for the Programme Brochure