The MSW (Master of Social Work) Programme (launched in 2009) offered at the Department of Global Health aims to become a leading centre of excellence in education, training and research in social care and development.
MSW (Master of Social Work) Programme at Prasanna School of Public Health, MAHE, Manipal has been ranked 3rd among Emerging Colleges in Social Work and ranked 16th in the overall rankings according to India Today-MDRA Best Colleges Rankings for the year 2020. MSW (Master of Social Work) Programme, Prasanna School of Public Health, MAHE, Manipal has been ranked 14th among India's Top Social Work Institutes by Outlook-ICARE The Best Professional Colleges Rankings for the year 2020.
Specializations offered are
- Human Resource Management & Industrial Relations
- Medical & Psychiatric Social Work
- Community Development
The Competency driven curriculum with student-centred learning experience is a unique theory & practice-based integrated program including:
- Concurrent fieldwork practice and organization-based internships
- Rural camp and study tours for field immersion and active learning opportunities
- Innovative pedagogy including, PBLs, Mock courts, gamification
- Exposure to a research-oriented learning paradigm
- Student exchange programme with International Universities
- Seminars/workshops/ conferences
- Alumni and Industry expert interactions
Two-year full-time programme with modular-based curriculum framework.
Graduates in Social Sciences, Arts, Commerce, Management, Engineering and Health Sciences from a UGC recognized University with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
Selection of eligible candidates is based on merit and personal interview.
Through collaborations with the industry as well as research institutes, the department provides placement assistance to successful students. We are proud of our alumni who have embarked on their careers through internship opportunities.
How to Apply
Applications open for the academic year 2021-22.
Apply at https://apply.manipal.edu/.
Choose Stream: Public Health to apply for this programme.
Last Date to Apply: June 30, 2021
Click here for the Programme Brochure