CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Helps in maintenance of bacterial and fungal stock cultures.
- Guides undergraduate and postgraduate research projects.
Dr J Udayalaxmi teaches Microbiology.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD (Doctor of Philosophy)||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, MAHE University||2010|
|MSc (Master of Science)||Medical Microbiology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Mangalore University||1992|
|BSc (Bachelor of Science)||St Agnes College, Mangalore||1989|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||12/10/2014 - Till date|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Selection Grade Lecturer||2005 to 11/10/2014|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Senior Grade Lecturer||2001-2005|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Lecturer||1993-2001|
|City Hospital and Research Centre||Microbiologist||Taught nursing students and working in the Microbiology laboratory.||1992|
|M V Shetty Memorial Institute, Kavoor||Lecturer||Taught Microbiology to BSc nursing.||1992-1992|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Teaching Bacteriology and Mycology
Area of Expertise
Microbiological techniques used in diagnosis of infectious diseases, Preservation of bacterial and fungal stock cultures
Area of Research
Bacterial vaginosis, Virulence factors study of various species of candida isolated from urine, vaginal swabs, cases of hospital acquire infections, dental caries, Bacteriological examination of commercially available milk, Bacterial vaginosis
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of IAMM.
- Life Member of IAMM, KC.
- Arjun Ganesh, Udayalaxmi Jeppu. Microbial contamination of cell phones in surgery ward of a tertiary care hospital in South India. Indian J Community Med 2019;44:289-90.
- Dhanyashree Rai, Pooja Rao, Sevitha Bhat, Udayalaxmi Jeppu. Evaluation of carbapenem-resistant genes and colistin susceptibility in gram negative organisms from clinically significant samples. Indian J Pub Health Res Dev. 2019;10 (10): 39-44.
- Kumari Nisha, Beena Antony, Udayalaxmi. Comparative analysis of virulence factors and biotypes of Gardnerella vaginalis isolated from genital tract of women with and without bacterial vaginosis. Indian JMedRes. 2019;149: 57-61.
- Udayalaxmi Jeppu, Harsimran Kaur, Shashidhar Kotian. Comparison of Normal Resident Flora on the Face of Medical Students who use and who do not use Cosmetics. JCDR 2017;11(10): DC08-DC10.
- Junaid A, Ritika J, Nandita S, Ceena D, Udayalakshmi J, Shrikala B. Correlation between xerostomia, hyposalivation and oral microbial load with glycemic control in type 2 diabetic patients. World J Den, 2016;7(2):83-86.
- J. Udayalaxmi, Neetha Shenoy. Comparison between biofilm production, phospholipase and hemolytic activity of different species of candida isolated from dental caries lesions in children. JCDR 2016;10(4): DC21-DC23.
- Udayalaxmi, Namitha Jayaram, Amrutha Kandathil Purayil, Microbiological evaluation of Ultra High Temperature treated milk close to expiry date and routine home practices for preservation of milk. Indian J Comm Med. 2015;40 (3): 174-176.
1) Arjun Ganesh, Dr. J.Udayalaxmi, Microbial contamination of cell phones in surgery ward of a Tertiary care hospital in dakshina kannada – ICMR –STS 2015
2) Arjun Ganesh, Dr. J.Udayalaxmi, Clinico - microbiological study of atypical mycobacterial diseases in a tertiary care hospital in Dakshina Kannada – MAHE grant 2017