CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dr. Julie C R Misquith teaches undergraduates and postgraduates.
- She is also a member of the medical education unit and the board of studies.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Anaesthesiology||Seventh and Eighth semester MBBS|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Anaesthesiology||KMC Mangalore, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2011|
|MBBS||KMC Mangalore, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2007|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Associate Professor||01 Jan 2019 to till date|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||01 June 2014 to 31 Dec 2018|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Senior Resident||01 June 2011 to 31 May 2014|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Paediatric Anaesthesiology and Regional Anaesthesia- Nerve Blocks, Difficult airway
Area of Expertise
Acute and chronic pain management, Regional anesthesia, Obstetric Anesthesia
Area of Research
Regional Anesthesia, Difficult Airway, Complications in Anesthesia
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
1. Fellowship in Pain Medicine – Delhi Pain Management Centre in Affiliation with AESCULAP Academy, Germany- July 2018
2. Life Member Indian Medical Association
3. Life Member Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists
4. Life Member of Academy of Regional Anaesthesia
Top 5 recent publications of Dr. Julie C R Misquith
1. Rao S, Misquith J, Ribeiro K. Laryngospasm – Prevention is Better Than Cure. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development. October 2019: 10: 10: 368-72.
2. Upadya M, Kothari G, Misquith J, Upadya S, Raja S. Randomized Controlled Trial on Hemodynamic and Intraocular Pressure Changes: A Comparison between Classic Laryngeal Mask Airway and Endotracheal Intubation. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2019 Feb: 13:2:01-04.
3. Ribeiro K, Misquith J, Eapen A, Naik S. Ultrasound Guided Oblique Subcostal Transverse Abdominis Plane Block using Local Anaesthetic Versus Saline for Laparoscopic Cholecystectomies: A Randomised Controlled Trial. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2019 Jan: 13:1:07-10.
4. Misquith J, Vidyarani M, Faryal A, Joshi J, Rao S. Anaesthesia for Mitrofanoff Procedure in a young male patient with exstrophy-epispadias complex. Sri Lankan Journal of Anaesthesiology. Feb 2020: 28:1:42-44.
5. Ribeiro K, Misquith J, Upadya M. Four Vital Capacity Breaths can delay the onset of Hemoglobin desaturation following nasopharyngeal oxygen insufflation. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development. Dec 2018: 9:12: 279-85.
1. Study of awareness about scope of Anesthesiology amongst undergraduate medical students 2. A Study to Compare the Analgesic Duration of an Ultrasound-Guided Popliteal Sciatic Nerve Block between Diabetics with Neuropathy and Non-Diabetics Without Neuropathy.