Dr. Dilip G Naik
Dr. Dilip G Naik is the Dean of Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore from July 2012 till date. He is an alumnus of MCODS, Manipal having obtained his BDS in 1983 and MDS in Periodontology in 1986. He had his schooling and pre-university college education at Mumbai. He is a founder staff of MCODS, Mangalore having joined in 1987. In between he had a stint of 8 years at the Al-Arab Medical University, Benghazi, Libya. After his return, he was elevated to the post of Associate Dean in December 2000. He was the Management representative for the ISO 9001: 2008 for the college. He has undergone training in Oral Implantology at Germany. He has been a keynote speaker at several National and International Conferences. He has over 60 National and International publications to his credit. He has conducted 12 National and International multi centric clinical trials. He is the author of the South East Asian adaptation of Carranza’s Clinical Periodontology text book. He has authored a popular text book in Periodontology and Oral Implantology. He is on the panel of inspectors for the Dental Council of India. He was the National Vice president of Indian Society of Periodontology for two consecutive years.
He established the Faculty of Dentistry Melaka Manipal Medical College both at Manipal and Melaka, Malaysia. He saw the college successfully through two accreditation visits by the Malaysian Qualifying Agency. He was involved in the planning and establishment of the infrastructure of the dental colleges both at Melaka and Manipal. Appointed as consultant for Oral health care Hindustan Unilever Ltd. He was the board member of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, Kerala University of Health Sciences Kerala, Nitte University, Nitte, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Maharashtra and Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal(MAHE).
Under his leadership MCODS, Mangalore has been ranked among the top five private dental colleges in India by Outlook, India Today and the Week magazines four years consecutively.
- Associate Dean, Prof. of Periodontics, Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore: From December 2000 till date.
- Faculty, Department of Oral Implantology, Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal: From April 2000 till date.
- Professor and Head of Periodontics, Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore: From June 1999 till September 2008.
- Lecturer in Periodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Al-Arab Medical University, Benghazi, Libya: From October 1995 to September 1999.
- Assistant Lecturer in Periodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Al-Arab Medial University, Benghazi, Libya: From October 1991 to October 1995.
- Reader in Periodontics, College of Dental Surgery, Mangalore: From January 1991 to September 1991.
- Assistant Professor in Periodontics, College of Dental Surgery, Mangalore: From January 1989 to January 1991.
- Lecturer in Periodontics, College of Dental Surgery, Mangalore: From January 1987 to January 1989.
- Post-Graduate Cum Tutor in Periodontics, College of Dental Surgery, Manipal: From February 1985 to December 1986.
- Hon. Resident, College of Dental Surgery, Manipal:
- From October 1983 to October 1984.
Top 5 research publications/ projects
- Singh VP, Nayak DG, Uppoor AS: Pyogenic granuloma associated with bone loss: A case report Journal of Nepal Dental Association 2010, Vol.10, No:2. 137-139.
- Dipen S., Nayak D., U Ashitha: Soft tissue management during second stage implant surgery, Kerala Dental Journal, July 2009, Vol. 32, No.3,., 156-158
- Humagain M, Nayak DG, Uppoor AS: Gingival depigmentation: A case report with review of literature, Journal of Nepal Dental Association 2009, Vol. 10, No. 1, Jan.-Jun., 53-56
- Shenoy R.P, Nayak D.G, Peter S,: Periodontal disease as a risk factor for pre-term low birth weight – An assessment of gynecologist’s knowledge: A Pilot Study, Indian J Dent. Research Vol. 20 (1), 2009; 13-16.
- Shetty N, Nayak D G,:Periodontal ligament stem cells: A review Dentistry online Jan., 2008
- Humagain M, Nayak DG, Uppoor A S: Maintenance of Implant supported over denture-A case report. J.Oral Health Commun. Dent., 2(3); October, 2008 70-72.
- Shetty .N, Thomas B, Aga.A, Nayak D, Periodontal ligament-Cells – A review Dentistry-on –line(The International Dental Forum), 2008, 1-30
- Humagain M, Nayak DG, Uppoor AS, A Clinical Evaluation of Bioactive Glass Particulate in the treatment of mandibular class II furcation defects. Brazilian Journal of Oral Sciences, Dec 2007, Vol 6, No.23, 1450-1456
- Kini V, Nayak D.G, Uppoor. A , Self induced injury of the periodontal tissues- A case report. The Journal Of Indian Academy of Oral Medicine and Radiology 2006, 18:03, 170-171
- Reddy P.K, Nayak D.G, Uppoor A., Aesthetic Crown lengthening Malaysian Dental Journal,2006, 27(2) 110-113