Dr Dilip G Naik
- Associate Dean, Prof. of Periodontics, Manipal College of Dental Sciences,Mangalore: From December 2000 till date.
- Faculty, Department of Oral Implantology, Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal: From April 2000 till date.
- Professor and Head of Periodontics, Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore: From June 1999 till September 2008.
- Lecturer in Periodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Al-Arab Medical University, Benghazi, Libya: From October 1995 to September 1999.
- Assistant Lecturer in Periodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Al-Arab Medial University, Benghazi, Libya: From October 1991 to October 1995.
- Reader in Periodontics, College of Dental Surgery, Mangalore: From January 1991 to September 1991.
- Assistant Professor in Periodontics, College of Dental Surgery, Mangalore: From January 1989 to January 1991.
- Lecturer in Periodontics, College of Dental Surgery, Mangalore: From January 1987 to January 1989.
- Post Graduate Cum Tutor in Periodontics, College of Dental Surgery, Manipal: From February 1985 to December 1986.
- Hon. Resident, College of Dental Surgery, Manipal:
From October1983 to October 1984.
Top 5 research publications/ projects
- Singh VP, Nayak DG, Uppoor AS: Pyogenic granuloma associated with bone loss: A case report Journal of Nepal Dental Association 2010, Vol.10, No:2. 137-139.
- Dipen S., Nayak D., U Ashitha: Soft tissue management during second stage implant surgery, Kerala Dental Journal, July 2009, Vol. 32, No.3,., 156-158
- Humagain M, Nayak DG, Uppoor AS: Gingival depigmentation: A case report with review of literature, Journal of Nepal Dental Association 2009, Vol. 10, No. 1, Jan.-Jun., 53-56
- Shenoy R.P, Nayak D.G, Peter S,: Periodontal disease as a risk factor for pre-term low birth weight – An assessment of gynecologist’s knowledge: A Pilot Study, Indian J Dent. Research Vol. 20 (1), 2009; 13-16.
- Shetty N, Nayak D G,:Periodontal ligament stem cells: A review Dentistry online Jan., 2008
- Humagain M, Nayak DG, Uppoor A S: Maintenance of Implant supported over denture-A case report. J.Oral Health Commun. Dent., 2(3); October, 2008 70-72.
- Shetty .N, Thomas B, Aga.A, Nayak D, Periodontal ligament-Cells – A review Dentistry-on –line(The International Dental Forum), 2008, 1-30
- Humagain M, Nayak DG, Uppoor AS, A Clinical Evaluation of Bioactive Glass Particulate in the treatment of mandibular class II furcation defects. Brazilian Journal of Oral Sciences, Dec 2007, Vol 6, No.23, 1450-1456
- Kini V, Nayak D.G, Uppoor. A , Self induced injury of the periodontal tissues- A case report. The Journal Of Indian Academy of Oral Medicine and Radiology 2006, 18:03, 170-171
- Reddy P.K, Nayak D.G, Uppoor A., Aesthetic Crown lengthening Malaysian Dental Journal,2006, 27(2) 110-113
Dr Dilip Naik, an alumnus of MCODS, Manipal obtained his BDS in 1983 and MDS in 1986. He is also a Certified Implantologist from Manipal Academy of Higher Education (2003). He was one of the founder staff of MCODS, Mangalore.
He has a rich experience of over 25 years, including a stint of around 8 years at the Al-Arab Medical University, Benghazi, Libya. On his return from Libya in 2000, he had joined us as the Associate Dean of MCODS, Mangalore.
Dr Naik’s interest lies in introducing innovative methods like problem based learning, case study and others which are practiced internationally into the Indian curriculum. He is also appointed as consultant for oral health care Hindustan Unilever Ltd. He was also the National Vice President of Indian Society of Periodontology for two consecutive years.
Dr Naik has represented Manipal Academy of Higher Education in various international conferences and has guided around 8 postgraduate students in dissertation. He has several national and international publications to his credit and also conducted various national and international clinical trials. He has authored a popular text book on Periodontology. He has undergone training in Oral Implantology at Germany.