• To be acknowledged as a pioneer in enabling an ethically sensitive and socially responsible program in the Humanities
• To offer world-class graduate education in English, Philosophy, and Sociology
• To create and sustain a high impact research facility
• To develop a model of excellence at the national and international level, both in terms of quality teaching as well as in producing original ideas about contemporary societies
• To establish a culture of humanities both in the campus, the local community and in the larger society, consistent with the values of Manipal Academy of Higher Education
• Dignity: We will be conscientious and socially responsible and respect the dignity of diverse communities.
• Creativity: We will seek to develop and encourage creative thinking combined with rigor and depth in all learning processes and initiatives.
• Excellence: Our core activities in research and teaching will strive for the highest international standards.
• Self-reflexivity: We will foster open communication, feedback and critical review of ourselves and others, and endeavour to constantly challenge ourselves.
MCH was started with the ambitious vision of revitalizing post-graduate Humanities education in India.
Dr. Sundar Sarukkai Professor and Founding Director 2010–2015