The MSc Programme in Biostatistics (launched in 2006) offered at the Department of Data Science is a one-of-a-kind specialized course that nurtures students to pursue a career that encompasses statistics as a decision science along the lines of health and biological sciences. It aims to nurture the students with inter-disciplinary expertise through
• Strong methodological foundations in applied statistics
• Versatile training in data-centric research through statistical consultations
• Competency to work in multiple programming environments (R, STATA, SAS, SPSS, Python, EPI Info)
Two-year full-time programme with a modular-based curriculum framework.
Graduates with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent grade in any of the following qualifications from UGC Recognized Universities may apply for MSc (Biostatistics) programme.
· BSc. Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Science
· BE/B. Tech/BCA
· Any other Graduation with a minimum of two years of learning of Mathematics or Statistics
Based on the merit of rank obtained in the entrance examination and/or personal interview. In the absence of an entrance examination/interview, the merit of rank is prepared by using the grade obtained in Mathematics and/or Statistics in the qualifying examinations.
Through collaborations with the industry as well as research institutes, the department provides placement assistance to successful students. We are proud of our alumni who have embarked on a career as biostatisticians, data scientists and researchers through campus placement opportunities.
How to Apply
Applications open for the academic year 2022-23.
Apply at https://apply.manipal.edu/.
Choose Stream: Data Science to apply for this programme.
Click here for the Programme Brochure