The Media and Entertainment industry in India is worth over 2000 billion rupees. The traditional media and new media, digital and non-digital media reign supreme here. Indian audience love their newspapers as much as they love their daily shows on online streaming services. In this regard, abundant opportunities wait to be explored in specialised areas of interpersonal and business communications, video and audio content production, branding and advertising, product and graphic designing, film making, photography, blogging, digital marketing, news reporting, script writing, editing, development communications, investigative and data journalism, social communications among other journalism, media and communications fields. For anyone thinking of a career in media, this is truly the best time to be a part of the media industry.
Manipal Instutute of Communication (MIC) – a premier institution of media and communication in Manipal, India is a constituent college of Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), which is an Institution of Eminence as recognised by Ministry of Higher Education, Government of India. MIC is ranked 5th in the list of top ten journalism, media and communication colleges in India.
Established in 1997, the institution, by benchmarking high academic standards in its curriculum has visibly contributed to the burgeoning media industry by providing it with trained, industry-savvy professionals for over two decades now. Its vision and purpose is embedded in a staunch code of conduct by way of which, it promulgates the ethic of value education combined with social sensitivity.
Abreast with the competitive arena of media convergence, programs available at MIC consists of graduate degree, post graduate and PhD programs in media and communication and animation along with short term specialist post-graduate diploma programs in Corporate Communication and Sports Communication. The curriculum covers a wide area of core subjects with a plethora of electives to choose from, comprising of niche areas of enquiry such as trends in media consumption and market research, digital communication, audio & video production, data journalism, social media platforms, event management, corporate acumen and the like; thereof, providing its student community a vantage point in entry across industry verticals.
Distinguished media scholars have led the institution over these years. Today,MIC is headed by Dr. Padma Rani, a sociologist, media researcher and educator with extensive teaching and research experience. Dr. Rani’s team of faculty at MIC consists of meritorious individuals with a passion for teaching and research bringing with them diverse backgrounds and experiences, hereby evolving and adapting pedagogies to make the academic environment always relevant and current.
List of programs offered:
- B.A Media and Communication
- B.Sc. Animation
- B.Voc Graphic and Digital Media
- M.A. Media and Communication
- M.A. Film Arts
- Post-graduate Diploma in Corporate Communication
- Post-graduate Diploma in Sports Communication
Manipal Institute of Communication has collaborations with
- IEHCS, Belgium
- Technische Hochschule Nuremberg George Simon Ohm, Germany
- Volda University College, Norway
- Audencia Business School, France
- Aarhus University, Denmark
- EICAR, France
- Hogeschool Utrecht, Utrecht University of Applied Sciences, The Netherlands
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen, The Netherlands
- Deakin University, Australia
- University of Queensland, Australia
- Queensland University Technology, Australia
Academic Calendar 2022
First Year - MAMC / PGDCC /PGDSC / MFA / BAMC / B.Sc. Animation
Second Year - MAMC / BAMC / B.Sc. Animation
The Manipal Institute of Communication News Letter 2018-19
AM Plus 2021
- AM PLUS_VOLUME 27 ISSUE 11 2021
- AM PLUS_VOLUME 27 ISSUE 10 2021
- AM PLUS_VOLUME 27 ISSUE 9 2021
- AM PLUS_VOLUME 27 ISSUE 8 2021
- AM PLUS_VOLUME 27 ISSUE 7 2021
- AM PLUS_VOLUME 27 ISSUE 6 2021
- AM PLUS_VOLUME 27 ISSUE 5 2021
- AM PLUS_VOLUME 27 ISSUE 4 2021
- AM PLUS_VOLUME 27 ISSUE 3 2021
- AM PLUS_VOLUME 27 ISSUE 2 2021
- AM PLUS_VOLUME 27 ISSUE 1 2021
Vision and Mission
To create media professionals who can function efficiently in an increasingly hostile and diverse political and cultural atmosphere.
The institute is committed to excellence in the field of media education. The students are trained in all aspects of media, with high emphasis on gaining a well-rounded understanding of the ethical, cultural and political atmosphere of our country in particular and the world in general. Its primary objective is to ensure that the future of media is in safe hands.