International Centre for Applied Sciences (ICAS), Manipal; affiliated to Manipal Academy of Higher Education is offering a full time, B.Sc.(Applied Sciences) Degree program with a provision for credit transfer to any of the foreign universities at the end of second year of studies.
It is a unique program where the students spend the first two years in ICAS, Manipal Academy of Higher Education and the following two years in a university abroad, of their choice (the international engineering degree awarded by the foreign university only). The credit transfer will depend upon the academic policy of the respective foreign universities and can be up to 100%. This is made possible by adopting the high quality curriculum, teaching and evaluation methodologies that are followed by top universities abroad.
Since 1994, about 1900+ students have entered more than 110 foreign universities (spread across USA, UK, Australia, Germany, France, Canada & the like countries) through acceptable credit transfer from ICAS, pursuing their Bachelor/Master Degree in Applied Sciences/Engineering.
The following streams are offered at ICAS under the International Transfer Program:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics
Students opting for Aerospace/Aviation/Aeronautical streams only can take credit transfer after the first year. All the other students are required to complete 2 years of study at ICAS before getting their Credits transferred to foriegn Universities.
ITP in Engineering – Benefits:
Global Exposure to Engineering Education
- An internationally recognized degree with rich exposure to global teaching methodologies and laboratory facilities
- Exposure to STEM Education and global engineering standards, leading to successful professional career
- Opportunities for paid internships/scholarships abroad for bright students
- Articulation Agreements with many foreign Universities spread across USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Malaysia, France, Germany and other countries
- Easy acceptance of credit transfers – enhanced & eased further study opportunities
- Industrial training, Industry based project works facilitated – global internship/job opportunities
Face to Face interaction with Foreign University Professors
- Academicians from international universities visit Manipal for student counselling and guidance regularly
- The interaction provides students to have a better understanding of the destination university, the education system, the faculty and other facilities/ requirements
- Since the first two years of the program is conducted in India, students save up to 40% of the total cost
- Students can change their branch/stream after 1st semester or at the university abroad, during credit transfer
Credit Transfer Facility
- Credit transfer system at par with international standards and are accepted in over 100 premier institutes/universities across the world
- The credits gained in the first two years of the course at Manipal are equivalent to international university credits
Detailed Syllabus for ICAS 2018 Admission Batch