CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Dr Divya S is a Reader, who facilitates teaching undergraduate courses in dentistry and is also actively involved in clinical practice.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Orthodontics||II. III and IV BDS|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MDS||Orthodontics||Bapuji dental college and hospital, Davangere||2013|
|BDS||Bapuji dental college and hospital, Davangere||2008|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|MCODS, Manipal||Assistant Professor||Teaching||From June 2014 to Jan 2019|
|MCODS, Manipal||Reader||Teaching||From Jan 2019 till date|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Craniofacial growth, Myofunctional appliances.
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Life member of Indian Orthodontic Society SLM 3994.
A coordinator at the hands-on course on MBT Treatment Mechanics conducted by Dr. K. Sadashiva Shetty K held in the Department of Orthodontics, Bapuji Dental College and Hospital, Davangere, India – 2015.
A reviewer of International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health (IJAMH) since October 2018
Scopus ID: 57194580889
1. Prasad GL, Divya S. A comprehensive review of adult onset spinal teratomas: analysis of factors related to outcomes and recurrences. Eur Spine J 2019;Jun 21.
2. Prasad GL, Hegde A, Divya S. Spinal Intramedullary Abscess Secondary to Dermal Sinus in Children. Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2019;29(3):229-238.
3. Prasad GL, Divya S. Eosinophilic Granuloma of the Cervical Spine in Adults: A Review. World Neurosurg. 2019;125:301-311.
4. Divya S, Urala AS. Orthodontic retention procedures: orthodontist-based questionnaire study. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2018;154(5):617.
5. Divya S, Urala AS, Prasad GL, Pentapati KC. Sella turcica bridging a diagnostic marker for impacted canines and supernumerary teeth. J Int Oral Health 2018;10:94-8.
6. Divya S, Arun S Urala. Bisphenol A in orthodontic adhesives. American Journal of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics 2017;152(2):145.
7. Divya S, Kumar HC, Shetty KS. Effectiveness of functional regulator II appliance in producing skeletal and dental changes and its permanence in class II patients compared to a control group: A retrospective cephalometric study. J Int Oral Health 2017;9:269-78.
8. Divya S, Kirankumar H.C. Effect of cervical or high-pull head gear on the vertical dimension of class II division 1 patients. American Journal of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics 2017;152(1):10