Dr Madhumitha Natarajan
Professor & Head
Department of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Professor holding a teaching position and clinical practice, to facilitate under-graduate and post- graduate courses in dentistry
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Orthodontics||II. III and IV BDS|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MDS||Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics||Sri Ramachandra Medical college & research institute, Chennai||2010|
|BDS||Sri Ramachandra Medical college & research institute, Chennai||2005|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|MCODS, Manipal||Associate Professor||Teaching||8 yrs and 10 months|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
Temporary anchorage devices (TAD) for molar intrusion
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Indian Orthodontic Society
- Judge at Manipal research colloquim 2018 at MAHE,Manipal between April 3-5th 2018
- Chairperson during 8th annual conference of Karnataka chapter of AOMSI- Gnathopedia II held between Aug 2-4th 2018 at MCODS,Manipal.
- Reviewer of Journal of cleft lip palate and craniofacial anomalies since Dec 2016
- Reviewer of Cleft palate and craniofacial journal since Sept 2018
- Chapter contribution titled - “Alveolar bone” in Textbook of Oral anatomy, histology and physiology
Scopus ID: 54179558100
1. Natarajan et al.Nickel and Chromium release from fixed orthodontic appliances and its genotoxic effect on oral mucosal epithelial cells – an in-vivo study. Amj J Orthod dentofacial Orthop 2010;140:383-8
2. Natarajan, Chakradar, Lodha.Modified butterfly de-programmer for masticatory myalgia. Dental update 2012;Pg 158.
3. Jain et al. Osteogenesis imperfecta and pneumatization of bone-a hidden reality. The art and science of dentofacial enhancement 2014;14(1):e150-155.
4. Natarajan M, B Rao K. Topographical and elemental changes of retrieved stainless steel and titanium mini-implants after orthodontic treatment. The journal of the world federation of orthodontists 2017; 6 ()e 171-76
5. Natarajan M, B Rao K, Urala A. A case of five mandibular incisors.Dental Update 2017;44:787-92.
6. Natarajan M, B Rao K. Improving gingival zenith in a unilateral cleft patient using Platelet-Rich Fibrin (PRF).J Journal of Oral Biology and Craniofacial Research 2018;8:182–87.
7. Amalan A et al. Knowledge and Awareness of Handling Methyl Methacrylate Monomer among Undergraduate Dental Students. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development 2018;9(12):