CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches undergraduate students and supervises PG academic activity.
- Guides and supervises interns and postgraduate students in clinical and research work.
Dr Ritesh Singla
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Orthodontics||II. III and IV BDS|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MDS||Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics||KLE VK Institute of Dental Sciences Belgaum||2012|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|MCODS, Manipal||Associate Professor||2017- till date|
|MCODS, Manipal||Reader||2015 - 2017|
|MCODS, Manipal||Assistant Professor||2012- 2015|
|NHDC & RI, Sakri, Bilaspur (Chhattisgarh)||Senior Lecturer||2011-2012|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Area of Expertise
Fixed functional appliances
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Indian Orthodontic Society (IOS), 2008.
- Chaired scientific session at 45th KSDC IDA conference, held on 15-17 Dec, 2017, organised by IDA branch, Davangere, Karnataka, India.
- Chaired scientific session at 3rd - International Digital Dental conference, held on 3-5 August, 2018 at Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
1. Singla, N., Singla, R., Moradia, L., Kapoor, A., Garg, V. Exploring trends and factors related to hookah use among college students: A cross-sectional survey. Journal of International Dental and Medical Research 2018; 11(1), pp. 66-70
2. Singla, N., Acharya, S., Nayak, P., Singla, R. Factors affecting dental attitudes of the adults of South India: A cross sectional study. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development 2018. 9(11), pp. 77-81
5. Nishu Singla, Shashidhar Acharya, Ramprasad Vasthare Prabhakar, Kalyana Chakravarthy, Deepak Singhal, Ritesh Singla. The impact of lifestyles on the periodontal health of adults in Udupi district: A cross sectional study. Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology 2016; 20:330-5.
6. Singla R, Acharya S, Singla N. Comparative Study of Lifestyle-related Risk Factors of Periodontal Disease among Urban and Rural Population of India. World J Dent 2016; 7(3):129-134.
7. Nishu Singla, Shashidhar Acharya, Suganthi Martena, Ritesh Singla. Effect of oil gum massage therapy on common pathogenic oral microorganisms - A randomized controlled trial. Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology 2014; 18(4): 441–446.
Published articles in Arogyavani newspaper: -Orthodontic Treatment -Brace Yourself For A New Smile. -What’s the Difference Between a Dentist and an Orthodontist? -Is There a Benefit to Early Orthodontic Treatment?