CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Is in charge of ISO.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||Third BDS Final BDS|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MDS||Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry||Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal||2009|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal||Associate Professor||Responsible for theoretical and clinical trainings of BDS students.||June 2014 till date|
|Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal||Reader||Responsible for theoretical and clinical trainings of BDS students.||4 years 5 months|
|Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal||Assistant Professor||Responsible for theoretical and clinical trainings of BDS students||4 years (June 2009 to June 2013)|
Effects of passive smoking on oral health of children.
Effect of dental caries and its management on the various growth parameters in children.
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Member of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, 2006.
- Member of Fellow of Academy of General Education (FAGE), 2006.
- Member of Indian Dental Association, 2001.
- International Dentist volunteer for “Operation smile” USA since 2010.
- Received award of Recognition from “Operation smile” USA in 2014.
- Author with h index of 4.
- Chaired session and Delivered Guest Lecture in TM’s 1st and 2nd World Dental Online Conference, USA, 2013,2014.
- Attended course in Restorative dentistry at the Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne, Australia.
Implications of tobacco smoking on the oral health of older adults.
Int. 2014 Jul; 14(3):526-40.
Green tea: a novel functional food for the oral health of older adults.
Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2014 Apr; 14(2):238-50.
Rheumatoid arthritis in the elderly and its relationship with periodontitis: a review.
Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2014 Jan; 14(1):8-22.
Phenobarbital induced Stevens-Johnson syndrome in a child.
Indian J Pharmacol. 2012 Jul-Aug; 44(4):531-2.
Chemically modified tetracyclines: Novel therapeutic agents in the management of chronic periodontitis.
Indian J Pharmacol. 2012 Mar; 44(2):161-7.
Underweight in low socioeconomic status preschool children with severe early childhood caries.
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent. 2011 Oct-Dec; 29(4):305-9.
Oral findings in a child with lipoid proteinosis: a case report and review.
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent. 2011 Jan-Mar; 29(1):62-7.