CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Vidya Saraswathi M teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
· Is an able administrator managing the routine activities of the department and also emphasizing on further growth and development of the department
· Is actively involved in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students, dedicating special time for evaluating, encouraging and promoting learners and believes in holistic education.
· Is a recognized expert in the field of lasers apart from her speciality and is a faculty at Lasers in Dentistry, an advanced certificate program by Manipal University.
· Over the years has served as an internal examiner and also as an external examiner at prestigious institutions, for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
· Is a member & Convener for the Board of Studies - Final BDS Part II, Manipal University.
· Chairperson for Purchase committee of Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal.
· Has presented papers at national and international conferences, and has delivered guest lectures at various platforms
· Has publications in reputed, indexed national and international journals
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||Postgraduate & Undergraduate Students|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Certification in Oral Implantology||Implantology||MCODS, Manipal||2007|
|MDS (Master of Dental Surgery)||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||SDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences||1999|
|BDS||Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore||1995|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, MCODS Manipal||Professor||2009|
|Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, MCODS Manipal||Associate Professor||2005-2009|
|Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, MCODS Manipal||Reader||2005|
|Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, MCODS Manipal||Assistant Professor||2000|
|Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, MCODS Mangalore||Tutor||1995 - 1996|
Guides diverse research activities conducted in the college as well as lends her support and expertise in collaborative research with other institutions.
Scopus ID - 55351236900
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Endodontic Microbiology, Lasers in Endodontics
Area of Expertise
Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Lasers in Endodontics
Area of Research
LASER in Endodontics
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Life Member of
- Indian Dental Association
- Indian Association of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Indian Academy of Laser Dentistry.
- Excel with LASERS; live Demonstration with LASERS- Bleaching/Depigmentation at 43rd KSDC conference, held at B.C.Road, D.K on 18-20 DEC 2015
- Tooth resorptions- etiology and management on 27th December 2011 at Coorg Raj holiday resort, Kushal Nagar, Coorg hosted by IDA
- Take care to provide care on 22-24th November 2013 at Madikeri, 41st KSDC 2013
- Acute pain Management for Future Dental professional by IDA-Colgate.
- PG examination in May 2013 at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- PG examination in May 2014 at SDM, Dharwad
Contributes to Dental Health awareness by writing articles in newspapers and magazines and also participating in live TV programs related to dental health.
Conventional versus rapid treatment modalities for wide canals
Endodontology, Vol. 17(1), 2005, pp 15-17.
Influence of post space preparation on the marginal integrity of a glass ionomer cement root end restoration- An in-vitro study
Journal of Conservative Dentistry, Vol. 8(3), 2005, 4-13.
Sealing ability of four materials in the orifice of root canal systems obturated with gutta percha
Journal of Endodontology, Vol. 20(2), 2008:65-70.
Diagnostic ability of computed tomography using dentascan in endodontics- Case reports
International Journal of Computerized Dentistry, Vol. 14(4) 2011:321-334.
Multiple idiopathic cervical resorption- A diagnostic dilemma, quintessence international
Quintessence International 2012;43:187-140.
Comparative evaluation of different chelators in removal of calcium hydroxide preparations from root canals
Australian Dental Journal 2012;57:344-348.
Evaluation of influence of flow able liner and two different adhesive systems on the micro leakage of packable composite resin
Journal of Interdisciplinary Dentistry, Vol. 2(2), 2012, pp 98-103.
Effect of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages on colour stability and surface roughness of resin composites: an in-vitro study
Journal of Conservative Dentistry, Vol. 15(3), 2012, pp 283-288.
Unique case of a geminated supernumerary tooth with trifid crown
Imaging Science in Dentistry 2012; 42 : 197-200.
A comparative evaluation of dentinal hypersensitivity and micro-leakage associated with composite restorations in cavities preconditioned with air abrasion- An ex vivo study
Contemporary Clinical Dentistry;3(4):306-313.
Comparison of Antimicrobial efficacy of Triphala, Withania somnifera and Sodium hypochlorite against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm - An in-vitro study.
International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2014; 6 : 808-811
Evaluation of Influence of Flowable Liner and Two Different Adhesive Systems on the Microleakage of Packable Composite Resin.
Journal of Interdisciplinary Dentistry, Vol. 2(2), 2012, pp 98-103
Ultramorphological changes of root canal dentin induced by 940mm diode laser : An in vitro study
Saudi Endodontic Journal 2012 ;2(3):131-135
Comparative Evaluation of Different Chelators in Removal of Calcium Hydroxide Preparations from Root Canals
Australian Dental Journal 2012;57:344-348
Rubber Dam in endodontics – An overview of Recent Advances
International Journal of Clinical Dentistry, Vol (6), No.4, 2013,pp319 - 330
Effect of Maleic Acid and Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid on Shear Bond Strength of RealSeal SE sealer to Root Canal Dentin
European Journal of Prosthodontics & Restorative Dentistry2013;21:52-156
Silver Point Retreatment : Two Different Approaches – A Case Series
Indian Journal of Applied Research 2016;6(6):521-522
Management of traumatic injuries
Dental Caries,Root Canal Treatment
Participated in the TV live programs addressing