The Manipal Institute of Communication (MIC) was established in 1997 and offers the programs:
- Masters in Media & Communication: 2-year post-graduate course
- Bachelor of Arts in Media & Communication: 3-year graduate program
- B.Sc. Animation
- PGDCC: 1-year post-graduate diploma in Corporate Communication
- Masters in Film Art and Film Making: dual degree program in collaboration with EICAR, France
- Diploma in Film Art
- Certificate course in Animation Technology.
The post-graduate program introduces students to all streams of communication offering specialisations in Print and New Media, Broadcasting, Communication Management (Corporate Communication, Advertising) and Film Studies. The graduate program focuses on media education with a fair understanding of other social sciences.
The department is well equipped with all modern technologies and training system and has had 100% placement record since four years.
- Television Journalism
- Print Journalism
- Television Production
- Radio Production
- Media Research
- Public Relations
- Corporate Communication
- Instructional Design
- Hochschule Bremen University of Applied Sciences, Bremen, Germany
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen, The Netherlands
- University of Queensland, Australia
- Erasmus School of History, Culture & Communication, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Hogeschool Utrecht, Utrecht University of Applied Sciences, The Netherlands
- Aarhus University, Denmark
- Volda University, Norway
- Purdue University, Calumet, Indiana
- EICAR, France
- SciencesCom, Audencia Group, France.
MU has best-in-class facilities for students of all constituent institutes
Access to hospital facilities gives student hands-on training
State-of-the-art Innovation Centre facilitates multi-disciplinary research
Laboratories give students the opportunity for practical experience
Sports & Fitness
Marena has world-class facilities with courts for badminton, tennis, soccer & squash, as well as a well-equipped gymnasium
Libraries give students access to study resources, digital and print
Student hostels are their homes away from homes
Research & Publications
The areas of research include: • Media Theory • Development Communication • Gender Studies • Radio • Environmental Communication • Internet and New Media • Gandhian Studies • Print Journalism • Film Studies • Health Communication • Marketing Communication • Advertising • Corporate Communication • Television
MIC, an institution that caters to the academics in the field of communication and journalism, encompasses all topics under the sun literally.
Jyottsna A Sharma
MIC teaches students journalism and communication studies encompassing multiple fields, which paves the route to industry.
MIC students get the best environment comprising both theory & practical expertise to shape them into a perfect communication specialist.
There are many educational institute but none as diverse as Manipal University.
Manipal University is a bouquet of specialized colleges, the MIC has carved out a special niche for itself in the media world.
Reading the name of MIC situated in the costal university town of Karnataka made me feel proud and filled with the excitement of the opportunities awaiting me.
Syed Zuber Ahamed S