We have a research committee in association with Manipal Institute of Communication. The committee consists of faculty from the institution as well as experts from other institutions, who have doctorates and have made significant contributions in their respective area of research.
The research committee scrutinises the application for Ph.D guides and candidates who wish to enrol for a Ph.D in the area of “Management and Communication” at Manipal Academy of Higher Education. Research committee formulates a DS committee (DSC), for each candidate who has enrolled for a Ph.D., and reviews the progress of candidates.
At present, candidates are pursuing doctorates in:
- Marketing Management
- Health Care Management
- Information System
Candidates who wish to pursue their Ph.D in the area of management are required to identify the research topic and select the guide(s) approved by the university.
Journals & Publications
- Navin kumar koodamara (2019). The Effects of Perceived Organizational Support (POS) and Perceived Organizational Justice (POJ) on Employee Engagement (EE) of Indian Employee in Information Technology. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering. ISSN: 2277-3878, Volume 8, Issue IC2, pp 209-215.
- Aishwarya, A., Kavitha, T. C., & Nayak, S. (2019). E-healthcare services–Actual usage and intention to use among indian consumers. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering, 8(11), 2735-2740. 10.35940/ijitee.2228.0981119
- Kavitha, T. C., & Rapoor, P. P. (2019). An Empirical Analysis on E-Retail Service Quality, 3PL in Supply Chain L-SQUAL, E-SQUAL and E-SRQUAL. International Journal of Supply Chain Management, 8(4), 1114-1120
- Shetty Ankita, and Savitha Basri, (2019) "The effect of relational selling on life insurance decision making in India", International Journal of Bank Marketing, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJBM-09-2018-0236.
- Pai, R., Upadhyaya, P.,Upadhyaya,Y.S (2019). Productivity and Efficiency of Cashew Processing: Comparison of Manual and Automated Systems, Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, 12(6), 20-30, DOI: 10.17010/pijom/2019/v12i6/144933
- Pillai, K. R., Nallavalli, S., & Immaculate, C. (2019). Inexorable transformation in healthcare-seeking behaviour: a paradigm of choice. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing.
- Savitha, B., Banerjee, S. & Shetty, A. (2019), Product diversification versus technical efficiency of conglomerate life microinsurance companies: evidence from India, Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance: Issues and Practice, pp.1-21. https://doi.org/10.1057/s41288-019-00128-8
- Dr.B.R.Santosh & Rachna.N (2019). ‘Impact of Attention Deficit Disorder on Academic Performance of Children’. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, Vol. 10, No. 4, Page. 179-184. DOI: 10.5958/0976-5506.2019.00686.7
- Navin Kumar Koodamara (2018). Euthanasia: India`s major religious points of views. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development. Volume: 9, Issue: 10. First page: (962) Last page: ( 965). Print ISSN: 0976-0245. Online ISSN: 0976-5506. Article DOI : 10.5958/0976-5506.2018.01295.0
- Navin kumar Koodamara (2018). A Review on Judicial Perspectives of Medical Negligence in India. Journal of International Pharmaceutical Research, ISSN: 1674-0440, Vol 45, pp 496-500.
- Navin kumar koodamara (2018). Error of Judgment and vicarious liability of the Hospitals in case of Medical Negligence in India. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development. Print ISSN: 0976-0245, Volume. 9, Issue 12, pp 1642-1644. Article DOI: 10.5958/0976-5506.2018.02225.8
- Nandan Prabhu K.P., Lewlyn Rodrigus L.R., Ramana Kumar K.P.V., Yogesh P. Pai. (2019). Role of team transformational leadership and workplace spirituality in facilitating team viability: an optimal distinctiveness of identities’ theory-based perspective. Industrial and Commercial Training. https://doi.org/10.1108/ICT-07-2018-0062 .
- Tiwari, P., Kavitha, T. C., Kamath, R., D'Souza, B., Roja, V. R., & Kamath, S. (2018). Epidemiology of burn injuries in a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital in South India. Indian Journal of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, 12(4), 206-209.
- Kavitha,T,C., & Chethana, Maddodi. (2018). Technology Adoption Models - An Empirical Comparative Analysis for LMS Technology in Higher Education. Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET), 7 (41).
- Billore, S., Kavitha, T. C., Malarout, N., Pati, A., Raj, L. A., Soman, B., & Kamath, R. (2018). Planning an energy management program based on hospital electricity consumption in a tertiary care hospital in South India. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development, 9(8), 344-350.
- Pagadala, T., Kavitha, T. C., Giriyan, K., Haripriya, K., Paul, P., Singh, A. P., & Kamath, R. (2018). Effectiveness of an intervention module in improving the knowledge, attitude and practices regarding diabetic retinopathy in diabetic individuals in a tertiary care teaching hospital in Coastal Karnataka. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development, 9(8), 198-204.
- Pillai,R.K., Upadhyaya, P., Balachandran, A., & Nidadavolu, J. (2018). Versatile Learning Ecosystem: A Conceptual Framework. Higher Education for the Future. https://doi.org/10.1177/2347631118802653
- Patel, P, Ranjith V K, (2018) “Measuring Efficiency and Productivity Change of Multi-Specialty Private Sector Hospitals in India : A DEA Based Malmquist Productivity Index Approach”, Scopus Indexed, Indian Journal of Finance, Vol 12, Issue 5.
- Patel, P, Ranjith V K, (2018) “Moderating Influence Of Efficiency On Variables Of Hospital Financial Performance: Evidence From Indian Multi-Speciality Private Sector Hospitals”, Scopus Indexed, Indian Journal of Finance, Vol 12, Issue 1.
- Kishore, L., & Varun Kumar, S. G. (2018). Operational and Financial Performance Optimization of Power Distribution Utilities in India. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 119 (15), 1559-1566.
- Badrinarayan Srirangam Ramaprasad, Sethumadhavan Lakshminarayanan, Yogesh P. Pai, (2018) "The relationship between developmental HRM practices and voluntary intention to leave among IT professionals in India: the mediating role of affective commitment", Industrial and Commercial Training, Vol. 50 Issue: 6, pp.285-304, https://doi.org/10.1108/ICT-01-2018-0001
- Mitra, S., Ranjith, V. K. (2018) “"Marico-Competing with an Innovative Business Model", Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, Vol 8, Issue 2.
- Pallavi Upadhyaya & K. Rajasekharan Pillai (2018): Management research outcome: a comparative assessment of BRICS nations, Studies in Higher Education, DOI: 10.1080/03075079.2018.1455083
- RAO K, Raveendra; MURUGAIAH, TICORA, Karen Sofia Rodriguez. A CROSS-NATIONAL VARIATION IN NEGOTIATION TENDENCIES, A COMPARISON BETWEEN KARNATAKA (INDIA) AND IBAGUE (COLOMBIA).JBFEM, [S.l.], v. 1, n. 1, p. 1-10, May 2018. ISSN 2580-5568.
- Savitha B. & Shetty, D. (2018). Predicting E-Banking Adoption: An Evaluation of Perceptions and Behavioural Intentions of Small and Medium Enterprises in Karnataka. Indian Journal of Finance, 12(7), 28-41.
- Savitha, B. (2018). Determinants of adoption of mobile banking: Evidence from rural Karnataka in India. International Journal of Trade and Global Markets, 11(1-2), 77-86.
- Savitha B (2018). Sources of Care Selection and Health Care Quality Perceptions: Does Health Insurance matter in Patient Satisfaction? Institutions and Economies, 10(2), 95-120.
- Ankitha S. and Savitha B. (2018). Relationship orientation in banking and insurance services – a review of the evidence, Journal of Indian Business Research https://doi.org/10.1108/JIBR-10-2017-017
- Ankitha S. and Savitha B. (2018). Assessing the Technical Efficiency of Traditional and Corporate Agents in Indian Life Insurance Industry: Slack-based Data Envelopment Analysis Approach, Global Business Review, 21 (1) 1-17
- Kavitha, T, C, and Ashok, D (2017). Intention to use LMS by Indian business school students -- An application of TAM. International Journal of Applied Economic Research, 15, Special issue, 247-255.
- Rehka, I, S, and Kavitha, T,C (2017). Acceptance of internet banking among Indian internet banking users. International Journal of Applied Economic Research, 15, Special issue, 434-444.
- Ranjith V K, Patel, P, Rao R, (2017). Cartels Competition and Competitive Advantage. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 15, Special issue.
- Chakrabarthy, J, Pai M S., Ranjith V K, Fernandese, D. (2017) Economic Burden of Cancer in India. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development, 8(3).
- Badri Narayanan Srirangam Ramprasad., Nandan Prabhu, K.P., Lakshminarayanan, S., Pai,Yogesh P., (2017). Human Resource Management Practices and Organizational Commitment : A Comprehensive Review (2001-2016) Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management (Scopus Indexed) Vol.10, Issue. 10, October’ 2017; 7-23.
- Badri Narayanan Srirangam Ramprasad., Nandan Prabhu, K.P., Lakshminarayanan, S., Pai,Yogesh P., (2017). Human Resource Management Practices and Organizational Commitment: Research Methods, Issues and Future Directions (2001-2016). Industrial and Commercial Training (Scopus Indexed) Vol.49, Issue. 6 OCtober’ 2017; 277-287.
- Jyothi Mallya., Lakshminarayanan, S (2017). Factors Influencing Usage of Internet for Academic Purposes UsingTechnology Acceptance Model. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology (Scopus Indexed) Vol. 37, No. 2, March 2017, pp.119-124
- Lakshminarayanan, S., Pai,Yogesh P., Badri Narayanan Srirangam Ramprasad (2016). Managerial Competencies, Self-Efficacy, and Job Performance: A Path Analytic Approach. Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management (Scopus Indexed) Vol.9, Issue. 10, October’ 2016; 7-22.
- Lakshminarayanan, S., Pai,Yogesh P., Badri Narayanan Srirangam Ramprasad (2016). Competency need assessment: A gap analytic approach. Industrial and Commercial Training (Scopus Indexed) Vol.48, Issue. 8, September’ 2016; 423-430.
- Upadhyaya, P., Mohan, P., Prasad, K.M. (2017). Determinants of B2B e-marketplace adoption: an empirical study of Indian small firms. International Journal of E-Business Research, 13(4), 55-69.
- Upadhyaya, P., Pillai, K.R. (2016). Research Knowledge Management System in University: Faculty Intention and Potential barriers. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 14(13), 8459-8472.
- Upadhyaya, P., Pillai K.R. (2016), Research Knowledge Management System in University: Faculty Intention and Potential Barriers, International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 14(12),pp. 8459-8472
- Patel, P and Ranjith, V K. (2016, December) “Hospital Financial Performance: A Conceptual Investigation Model”, Advanced Science Letters, American Scientific Publishers. (Accepted, Yet to be published), Scopus Indexed
- Ranjith. V.K, (2016) Middle Managers, Mid-Career Crisis and strategy in select Public and Private Sector Banks, Advanced Science Letters, American scientific Publishing. (Accepted, Yet to be published) Scopus Indexed
- Ranjith. V.K, (2016) Business Models and Competitive advantage, Procedia Economics and Finance, Volume 37, 2016, Pages 203–207 Elsevier B.V (indexed by Science Direct) http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S2212-5671(16)30114-9Noronha, S. F., Aquinas, P. G., & Manezes, A. D. (2016). Implementing Employee Performance Management System: A Scoping Review. International Journal of Management and Applied Science, 2(5), 85–89.
- Pai, Y. P., & Chary, S. T. (2016). Measuring patient-perceived hospital service quality: A conceptual framework. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 29(3), 300–323. doi:10.1108/ijhcqa-05-2015-0069
- Savitha S., & Kiran, B. (2016). Illness makes credit sick: Can health insurance rescue the poor from exploitative credit. The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance—Issues and Practice, 41 (2), 184–204.
- Savitha, S. and Kiran, K.B. (2015). Effectiveness of micro health insurance on financial protection: Evidence from India. International Journal of Health Economics and Management, 15(1), 53-71.
- Navin Kumar Koodamara (2016). The Changing Role and Perspective of Trade Union in India. International Journal of Management and Applied Science, ISSN: 2394-7926, Vol-2, Issue-5, May-2016, Page 70-72.
- Lakshminarayanan, S., & Savarimuthu, A. (2016) Work-Family Conflict, Family-Work Conflict as Predictors of Work-Life Balance among Women Employees Working in IT Industries. AIMS International Journal of Management Vol. 10, Issue. 2, May’ 2016; 101-111.
- Navin Kumar Koodamara (2016). Procedural Justice, Distributive Justice and Interactional Justice as the antecedents of Employee Engagement. International Journal of Scientific Research (IJSR). ISSN 2277-8179, Vol 5, Issue 11, Nov-2016, Page 707-709.
- Navin kumar koodamara (2016). Job satisfaction and employee engagement as an antecedents of organizational commitment. International journal of Humanities and Social Science (IJHSS). ISSN 2321-9203, Vol. 4, Issue 10, October 2016, page 118-123.
- Savitha and Kiran, K.B. (2015). Micro health Insurance and the risk coping strategies for the management of illness in Karnataka: A case study. International Journal of Health Planning and Management, 30(1), 145-163.
- Nayak Smitha, Varambally KVM,Nayak Vinod, Shankar B.(2015). Impact of Mass Media on Heath seeking Behavior. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences. 05(01):44-49.
- Navin Kumar K (2015). Role of Perceived organization Justice on employee turnover intentions: Employee Engagement as Mediator. International Journal of Management and Applied Science, ISSN; 2394-7926, Volume – 1, Issue-3, April-2015, Page 1-10.
- Navin Kumar Koodamara (2015). Employees Work Life Conflict as Antecedents of Employee Turnover Intentions: The Mediating Role of Work Exhaustion and Organizational Commitment. Indian Journal of Applied Research, ISSN; 2249-555X, Vol. 05, September-2015, Page 43-45.
- Savitha, S. (2014). Effect of Micro Health Insurance on Access and Utilization of Health Services in Karnataka. Open Medicine Journal, 1, 96-103.
- Navin Kumar K (2014). Role of Perceived Organizational Support and Organizational Justice on Employee Turnover Intentions: A Literature Review. International Journal of Management and Social Science Research Review, ISSN -2349-6738, Vol.1, Issue 5, Nov – 2014, Page 106-112
- Lakshminarayanan, S., & Savarimuthu, A. (2014) Examining the Relationship between Work-Family Conflict and Job satisfaction among Women Working in IT Industries in Bengaluru. International Journal of Conceptions on Management and Social Sciences Vol. 2, Issue. 2, May’ 2014; 23-26
- RanjithV.K., BijunaC.M. (2013).Outsourcing and Competitive Advantage.International Journal of Research in Commerce and Management, VolNo:4, Issue No:5, 49-51. ISSN 0976-2183
- Upadhyaya P., Mohanan P., Prasad K.M. (2013). Barriers to B2B E-marketplace adoption: an empirical study of Indian manufacturing MSMEs.Review of Integrative Business and Economics Research,2(1), 555-565 ISSN: 2304-1013
- Lakshminarayanan, S. & Savarimuthu, A. (2013). Work-Family conflict-An exploratory study of the dependents child’s age on working mothers, (Review of Integrative Business & Economics Research) Vol2(1),P.No 449-470. ISSN 2304-1013.
- Pai, Y.P, and Chary, S.T. (2013). Dimensions of hospital service-quality dimensions: a critical review – Perspective of patients from global studies. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 26(4), 308-40.
- Pai, Y.P, and Chary, S.T. (2013). Assessing Healthscapes - a comparison among inpatients and outpatients. Review of Integrative Business and Economics Research, 2(1), 521-27.
- Kavitha TC. and BSVSR Krishna., “4 As Marketing Approach by FMCG’s to tap Indian rural market – A Review”, Business Sciences International Research Journal, V1, I2, 2013, ISSN: 2321-3191
- Sunil JV., Kavitha TC and BSVSR Krishna., “Sustainable development through carbondioxide utilization”, Business Sciences International Research Journal, V1, I1, 2013, ISSN: 2321-3191.
- Nayak Smitha, K.S.Swathi and Varambally K.V.M, ‘Is Gender and Antecedent to Adoption of Preventive Healthcare Practices’, International Journal of Physics and Social Science, June 2013, Volume 3 Issue 6,174-179. (ISSN:2249-5894)
- Nayak Smitha, Bakkannavar Shankar, Bagali Ravi, Nayak Vinod:.‘Are SMS reminders an antecedent to outpatient ‘Show-ups’?. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences (J Pharm Biomed Sci.) 2013 July; 32(32): 1329-1332.( ISSN NO- 2230 – 7885)
- Rajasekharan Pillai K, “Factors underlying Job Enrichment among Expatriate Employees: A Microscopic View”Abhigyan: Journal of FORE Manipal Institute of Management, Vol. XXX, No. 3, Oct – Dec 2012, pp. 34 – 44 (with Masood, Amoodi, Husain &Koshy, (ISSN 0970 2385)
- Rajasekharan Pillai K, “Financial Prudence among Youth”, Journal of Contemporary Management Research, Vol. 6, No. 2, Sep. 2012, pp. 52 – 68 (with Rachel D’souza&Rozita Carlo) ISSN: 0973-8266.
- Rajasekharan Pillai K, “Venture Capital– A Paradigm Shift in India”, South- Asian Journal of Socio-Political Studies, Vol. XII, No. 2, Jan – Jun 2012, pp. 78 - 81 (with M. S. Rao et al.) ISSN: 0972-4613.
- Rajasekharan Pillai K, “Idiosyncrasies of Labour Market”, International Journal of Peace and Development Studies, Vol. 3, No. 2, Mar 2012, pp. 24 - 32 (ISSN: 2141-6621)
- Lakshminarayanan, S. & Savarimuthu, A. (2012). Sunil’s Dilemma-The tug of work and family- A Case Study on work-life balance issues of a dual career couple, (Progressive Outlook, A Refereed National Research Journal of Social Sciences ), Vol 2(1), 47-48. ISSN:2231-2358.
- Kavitha TC., “A Comparative Study of Growth, Challenges and Opportunities in FMCG of Rural Market”, Interscience Management Review, V2, I3, 2012, ISSN: 2231-1513
- Kavitha TC. and B S V S R Krishna., “Expanded Bed Adsorption: An Option for Energy savings in Multiple Proteins Purification”, International Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering(IJMIE), ISSN No 2231-6477, V1, I4,2012
- Nayak Smitha,Vinod Nayak, Menezes Ritesh, ‘Telemedicine: The Future of Healthcare Delivery’ ,International Journal of Computer Science and Management Research Volume 1 Issue 1 Aug 2012,4-11.(ISSN 2278-733X)
- Nayak Smitha, Vinod Nayak,Ali Insha, ‘ICD-10 Implementation at RTIICS- Case Study’,World Journal of Science and Technology 2012,Volume 2(12),18-20. (ISSN:2231-2587)
- Dr. KVM Varambally, Comparison of SERVQUAL and SERVPERF metrics: an empirical study, Emerald, the TQM Journal, Vol. 23 No. 6, 2011, pp.629-643.56.
- Yogesh Pai P, “The Impacts of Clinical Information Systems on the Quality of Health Services”, Proceedings of the 2ndInternational Research Symposium in Service Management Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 26 – 30 July 2011, pp.569 – 573.
- Dr. KVM Varambally - ‘Passenger Bus Transport Management – Issues and futuristic challenges'. Conference Souvenir of Payana-2011 National Conference on Bus Transport Management - Issues and futuristic approach held on 11-12 Feb 2011. (publication)
- Dr. Santhosh Prabhu, “Challenges Facing Legal Education-Some Concerns” Proceedings of the National Summit on Law & Legal Education NECTAR 2011, Akola, March 26-27, 2011, p.114.
- Smitha Nayak, Utilization of Maternal Healthcare Services : A Study in Economic Paradigms of Healthcare in India : Issues and Challenges (ISBN NO : 978 - 81 -89630-58-4).
- Dr. KVM Varambally - ‘Road transport management – Private sector and government’, Udayavani Daily dated 12 February 2011, page 2. (publication)
- Dr. KVM Varambally presented a paper titled ‘Transport sector and environment – Need for fast track innovation’. Payana-2011 National Conference on Bus Transport Management - Issues and futuristic approach held on 11-12 Feb 2011 at Udupi.
- Mr. Yogesh Pai P presented a paper titled 'Factors affecting In-patient satisfaction in hospital - a case study' at the International Conference on Technology and Business Management (ICTBM-11) jointly organized by SZABIST Dubai and International Forum of Management Scholars (INFOMS) held on 28-30 March 2011 at Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology, Dubai.
- Mr. Nandan Prabhu presented a paper on “Employee Engagement in the Transport Sector’ at the National conference on ‘Bus Transport Management: A futuristic approach’ held on 11 and 12 February, 2011.
- Varambally K V M, Joshua A J, & Moli P Koshy (2010) - ‘Customer Satisfaction and Quality Perceptions of Electronic Banking Channel Services: An Empirical Study’, South Asian Journal of Management Research, Vol 2, No. 1.
- Dr. Manjunath Prasad presented a paper titled “Measurement of 58Ni (n,p) reaction Cross-Section” (Dr. Manjunath Prasad & B.S. Shivashankar) at the International Symposium on Nuclear Physics held during December 8-12, 2009 at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai.
- Dr. Ananthapadhmanabha Achar Presented a paper on ‘Evaluation of training and development practices in SMEs: An empirical study’ in the 14th UNESCO – APED International Conference during October 21-23, 2010 at Bangkok co authored with Dr. PS Yadapadithaya.
- Dr. A.J. Joshua presented a paper titled ‘Patterns of Usage of Electronic Banking Services: An examination and implications’ in the International Conference on Business & Finance-2010,organised by IBS, Hyderabad during March, 2010.
- Mr. Suhan presented a paper on ‘Indian Rubber Industry- A core sector role in the Indian National Economy’ was presented in the national seminar on ‘Changing Ethos of Agri-Business Management and Education’ held at Mysore University, India on 19-20 March, 2010.
- Mr. Suhan presented a paper on ‘A study on co-operative milk producers’ federation Ltd(KMF) pertaining to the production, distribution and sale of milk and milk product’ was presented in the national seminar on ‘Changing Ethos of Agri-Business Management and Education’ held at Mysore University, India on 19-20 March, 2010.
- Mr. V. K. Ranjith presented a paper titled ‘Medical tourism in Emerging Market-A case of Apollo Hospital Group’, presented in the International conference on ‘Health Care Market and Emerging Consumers-Innovation, Efficiency and Effectiveness’ held at Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal on 22 January, 2010.
- Mr. Ranjith presented a paper titled ‘Evaluation of Apollo Hospital Group and Medical Tourism Initiatives-Mc Kinsey’s 7 S framework based approach’ is published in the Proceedings of the UGC sponsored National Seminar on Strategic Human Resource Management organised by PG and Research Department (HR) of St. Joseph’s College, Tiruchirapalli-600 002, Tamilnadu-13 March, 2010.
- Mrs. Smitha Nayak presented a paper titled ‘International conference on Women Education for Empowerment’ at Immaculate College of Education for Women, Pondichery during 2010.
- Dr. Ananthapadhmanabha Achar presented a paper titled “Finishing Schools : Gateways to Employment – A case of ICICI Manipal Academy Bangalore” at the International Conference on Educational Leadership and Management organized by National Institute of Educational Leadership and Management during Nov 10 – 12, 2009.
- A Paper published by - Joshua A J, Varambally K V M & Moli P Koshy (2010), ‘Customer Satisfaction and Quality Perceptions of Electronic Banking Channel Services: An Empirical Study’, South Asian Journal of Management Research, Vol 2, No. 1 [International].
- Mr. S. Lakshminarayanan Published a paper titled “A study on Work Life Balance among Working Women of Manipal”- Retell An Inter Disciplinary Refereed Research Journal.Vol.10 December 2010 P.No: 63 ISSN 0973-404X.
- Mr. V.K. Ranjith, Mr. Yogesh Pai & Mrs. Pallavi Upadhyaya attended and presented papers at the International Conference on Economics, Business Management & Marketing (EBMM 2009) held at Singapore during October 9-11, 2009.
- Mr. Sandeep Shenoy attended and presented a paper in the 13th Annual Conference of Asia-Pacific Risk and Insurance Association held at China, from July 19-22, 2009.
- Mr. S. Lakshminarayanan attended an International Conference on "Indigenous Management Practices" organized by Annamaiai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu held during 16th - 18th July 2009 and presented a paper titled "A Study of work-life balance among the Nurses of KMC Hospital".
- Mr. Sandeep Shenoy was nominated by Manipal Academy of Higher Education to undergo ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor Training programme organized by M/s TUV Rheinland Ltd. Bangalore from July 6-10, 2009 at Bangalore.
- Dr. Manjunatha Prasad was deputed by Manipal Academy of Higher Education for Monte Carlo Theme Meeting held at Baba Automic Research Centre, Mumbai from 21st to 24th April 2009. This deputation was in connection with Manipal Academy of Higher Education Project.
- Mr. Sandeep Shenoy was deputed by Manipal Academy of Higher Education for GETEX-09 Dubai held from 14th to 20th April 2009. This was in connection with University promotion and interaction with various education providers across the globe.
- Mr. Sandeep Shenoy attended a conference “Making Quality Happen” organised by IMC at Mumbai from 23rd to 25th March 2009. He took active part with the team and worked for preparation of application for Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award, which was won by Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
- Mr. Yogesh Pai attended the third International Conference Athenaeum’09 organized by Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirappali held during 14th & 15th February 2009 and presented a paper titled "The factors influencing the brand choices among youth aged 18-25 years".
- Mr. Nandan Prabhu visited Muscat, Sultanate of Oman as part of a delegation of a Spiritual Organization dedicated to spread the ideals of Swami Vivekananda, from 3-10 February, 2009.
- Urban Infrastructure & Quality of Life, edited by Dr. KVM Varambally, Sandeep S Shenoy and Suhan, published during October, 2004 by Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd., Chennai, ISBN 81-7764-698-2.
- Quality in Service Sector and Managerial Challenges edited by Dr. KVM Varambally & Prof. M.M. Shanbhag, published during January, 2006 by Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd., Chennai, ISBN 81-7764-992-2.
- Rural Transformation and Developmental Perspectives – Managerial Challenges edited by Dr. KVM Varambally, Prof. Smitha Nayak & Dr. Swathi KS published during September, 2012 by M/S Excel Publishers, New Delhi, ISBN 978-93-82062-46-2.
- Mr. Suhan, Mr. Sandeep Shenoy; Paper titled “Various instruments of intellectual property rights” published in the book “WTO, Intellectual Property rights and Branding” ; A Anand Publications, New Delhi
- Mrs. Pallavi Upadhyaya; Case on “Harsha Enterprises”, published in the book on “Select Cases in Management”; Allied Publishers, pp 56 – 67
- Mr. Yogesh Pai; Article titled, “Navigating Change In 21st Century” published in the magazine ‘Business Manager’; Vol.9, No.11, May 2007
- Mr. Yogesh Pai; Article titled, “Pioneers’ problems” published in the magazine ‘Indian Management’, Vol.46 Issue 4, April 2007
- Mr. Yogesh Pai; Article titled, “Challenges in Performance Measurement” published in the magazine ‘Business Manager’, Vol.9, No.8, February 2007
- Mr. Yogesh Pai; Paper titled, “Perceptual Mapping of Motor bikes with Reference to 95-115 cc segments” published in the book "Strategies of Winning Organizations" ; Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore (Excel Books)
- Mrs. Pallavi Upadhyaya; Case titled “Indiamarkets.com” published in the book “Cases in Business Management”; Allied Publishers 2006, pp232 – 240
- Mr. Raveendra Rao; “Common Manufacturing facility to gain competitive advantage” published in Magazine “All that Glitters”, May 2006 issue
- Mr. Sandeep Shenoy; Paper titled, "A Systematic Investment Plan: A Need and Awareness Study Of Academicians" published in the book “Strategies of Winning Organizations” printed by Excel Books
- RanjithV.K, Prabhu S,(2013, March). Higher education Institutions and Entrepreneurship-A Case of Manipal Academy of Higher Education, paper presented at the National Conference on Entrepreneurship-Creativity and Innovation, Christ University, Bangalore.
- Upadhyaya P., Mohanan P. & Prasad K.M.(2013, February). Barriers to B2B E-marketplace adoption: an empirical study of Indian manufacturing MSMEs. Paper presented at International Conference on Interdisciplinary Business and Economics Research, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Lakshminarayanan, S. & Savarimuthu, A. (2013).Work-Family conflict-An exploratory study of the dependents child’s age on working mothers presented at SIBR-UniKL Conference on Interdisciplinary Business & Economics and Research, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 15th-16th February 2013.
- Yogesh Pai P, “Assessing Healthscapes – a comparison among inpatients and outpatients”, presented at the SIBR 2013 Kuala Lumpur Conference on Interdisciplinary Business & Economics Research held during February 15-16, 2013, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Suhan, presented a paper on” World bank global partnership for development- a case study has presented in a national conference on public private partnership with special reference to infrastructure development, industrialization and tourism held by S.D.M college of business management post graduate center for management studies & research on 28th January 2013.
- Kavitha T C , Presented a paper on “A Study on Distribution Channel Strategies by FMCG in Rural Emerging Market’’ in International Conference on Emerging Markets and Issues in Management, during19th and 20th April 2013, VIT, Vellore, TN, India.
- Nayak Smitha & Varambally K.V.M: ‘Healthcare Challenges in the Changing Scenario : An Innovative Approach’: International Conference organized by Academy of Business and Retail Management held at Dubai, January-2013. Published in Business and Management Review Volume3No.2 ,Januay,2013.pp162-170.
- Nayak Vinod and Nayak Smitha ‘Rural Transformation in Healthcare- A Public Private Partnership Approach’, International Conference organized by Academy of Business and Retail Management held at Dubai, January-2013. Published in Business and Management Review Volume 3No.2,Januay,2013.pp172-176
- Santhosh Prabhu- “Women empowerment: Constitutional and Criminal law framework” at International Conference on Role of Women in achieving a sustainable future, organised by Adarsha Group of Institutions Bangalore, March 2013.
- Swathi K S presented a paper titled ‘Medical Waste management-An Innovative Approach’ in the National conference on “Emerging Sectors: Growth Drivers forIndian Economy” organized by M.S. Ramaih Institute of Management, Bangalore on March 8, 2013.
- Swathi K. S.& S. Kadirudyavar,(2013), Empirical study on Occupational hazards among healthcare workers and statutory welfare measures, Occupational Hazards and welfare Measures-A Labor Perspective, Archers and Elevators Publishing House, ISBN:978-81-923135-8-3,pg no.50-52.
- Prof. P. Ramakrishna Chadaga Presented a paper on “Capacity Building of Rural Institutions – an effective approach” at National Conference on Rural Transformation and Development Perspectives: Managerial Challenges, RUFORM-2012 organized by Manipal Institute of Management, Manipal during 2012 and published in its proceedings.
- Prof. P. Ramakrishna Chadaga, presented a paper on “Total Quality Management in Healthcare” at Insight, a National level workshop on Total Quality Management: An approach to Healthcare, conducted at Manipal Institute of Management, Manipal during 2011.
- Dr. KVM Varambally, Perception and Expectation of customers on Public and Private Bus Transport Systems at the National Conference on Bus Transport Management – A Futuristic Approach, organized by Karnataka State Bus Owners Federation and MIM at Udupi during 11, 12 February, 2011.
- Prof. V.K. Ranjith, A paper titled “Application of VRIO framework to Sulabh International” presented at the national conference on Social enterprises, organised by Poornaprajna Institute of Management, Udupi on 19-3-2011.
- Dr. Santhosh Prabhu, Presented a paper entitled ‘Corporate Governance-Practices and Rules in Business Competition’ in International conference on Ethics, Governance & IFRS held at Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara College, Ujire on 24 February 2012.
- Dr. Santhosh Prabhu, Presented a paper entitled “Uniform civil code a welfare measure-State prevaricates and abdicates the obligation” in National conference on Constitution and Government policies doctrinal contradictions held at Christ University Law School, Bangalore on 25 February 2012.
- Dr. Santhosh Prabhu, Presented a paper entitled ‘Intellectual Property Rights in Knowledge Economy’ in the seminar held on Topic “knowledge Economy Paradigm- Panacea for Organization’s High Performance” on 03 March 2012 organised by Soundarya Institute of Management and Science in association with Bangalore University.
- Dr. Santhosh Prabhu, Presented a paper entitled ‘Micro Finance Institutions in Rural Areas- Guidelines for Empowerment and Policy Framework’ in National Conference on ‘Rural Transformation and Development Perspectives: Managerial Challenges during 21-22 January 2012 at MIM.
- Dr. KVM Varambally, Presented a paper – Health care Management – Innovative Approach for transforming learning process, at the National Research Conference on Transforming Management Education for Sustainable tomorrow, organized by All India Management Association, New Delhi, during 6-7 February, 2012.
- Dr. KVM Varambally, Paper entitled Healthcare Policy and Developmental Perspectives and the Case of Public Private Partnership sent to International Conference on Public Policy and Governance organised by Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore during September 4-6, 2012.
- Dr. Swathi KS Presented a paper titled 'Health care Delivery Systems in Rural India: Problems & Prospects' in the National conference on " Rural Transformation &Developmental Perspectives: Managerial challenges" held during 21& 22 JANUARY 2012, in Manipal Institute of Management.
- Dr. T. Jagannathan “Healthcare Management- Innovative Approach for Transforming Learning Process” At AIMA, New Delhi February, 2012
- Dr. T. Jagannathan “Rural Transformation in Healthcare Service- The Case of Partnership Model” At National Conference School of Management January, 2012
- Dr. T. Jagannathan “Healthcare Management- Innovative Approach for Transforming Learning Process”, held at Indian Institute of Science during 30 May 2012
- Prof. Nandan Prabhu Presented a paper on "Modernity and Spirituality: Relevance of Gandhian Thought for Rural Transformation".
- Prof. Nandan Prabhu Presented and published a paper on “Value framework of workplace spirituality” in Compendium of articles by Centre for Indian cultures and Heritage, TAPMI, Manipal during February, 2012.
- Yogesh Pai P Presented a paper titled “Measuring Hospital Service Quality: A conceptual Framework”, at the International Conference on Humanities, Economics and Geography (ICHEG’ 2012), organized by Planetary Scientific Research Centre held on March 17-18, 2012 at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Dr. K.V.M. Varambally, Director presented a paper titled “Technological Management and mobile business services in India – A Futuristic Approach” at International conference held at Royal Institute of Management, Thimphu, Bhutan during 2009
- Mr. Sandeep Shenoy, Senior Lecturer, presented a paper in the 13th Annual Conference of Asia-Pacific Risk and Insurance Association held at China, from July 19-22, 2009
- Mr. S. Lakshminarayanan, Senior Lecturer, presented a paper titled "A Study of work-life balance among the Nurses of KMC Hospital" at International Conference on "Indigenous Management Practices" organised by Annamaiai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu held during 16th - 18th July 2009
- Mrs. Pallavi Upadhyaya, Senior Lecturer, presented a paper on “Searching Desi Content: A case study of Guruji.com” at International Conference in “Changing Global Scenario” held at Punjab College of Technical Education Ludhiana, India on May 22, 2009
- Mr. Yogesh Pai, Senior Lecturer, presented a paper titled "The factors influencing the brand choices among youth aged 18-25 years" at the third International Conference Athenaeum’09 organised by Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirappali held during 14th & 15th February 2009
- “Preventive Healthcare and public awareness: A study on antenatal care among women in rural Karnataka”. By Smitha Manjunath Nayak. Year 2014.
- “An empirical study on Jennex-Olfman KMS success model in software sector: Dynamic factor analysis using system dynamics”. By Poornima Panduranga Kundapura. Year 2013.
- "Perception and Adoption of B2B Emarketplace: case of manufacturing MSMEs”, By Dr. Pallavi Upadhyaya. Year 2012
- “Home care services and Development Perspective – A study on customer perception and acceptability in the Urban Parts of India”. By Anil Kumar Chillimuntha. Year 2011
- "Public Private Partnership of Healthcare Delivery in India". By Dr. T. Jagannathan. Year 2010
- “Service Quality & Customer Satisfaction: A Case study in General Insurance Sector”. By Gopalakrishna Barkur. Year 2008.
- “Mobile Business Services in Karnataka with Special Reference to Financial Sector”. By Sriramana Aithal. Year 2008.
- “An analysis of the behaviour of teaching community towards consumption, savings & investment: A case study”. By A.P. Achar. Year 2007.
Dr. Smitha Nayak V