Chef. K Thirugnanasambantham
Principal & Head of Institution
PhD*, MPhil, M.Sc. (Hotel Management)
- Over 28 years of experience in the Industry entailing Hotel Operation and Academics.
- Areas of expertise include Kitchen Operation Management, Personnel oversight/ Management, Cost Containment, Special Events Development, Customer Service, Quality Assurance, Staff Training and Development, New Menu Items.
- Instrumental in managing, procurement & maintenance of inventory levels of food production department
- Functional Expert in Hotel operation and Academics improvising existing standards for students and institute.
- Adept at Planning, Managing & Supervising Food Production Department
- Expertise in designing Seminar, workshop and Guest lecture for students and non –teaching staff.
- Conducted several cooking demonstration classes in national and international level.
- Recipient of the Culinary Educator of the Year Award 2018, in the 12th Epicurus
Indian Hospitality Awards ceremony, in association with Telangana State Tourism on 19th Aug 2018. “NAC Compound, HITEX , Hyderabad”.
- Recipient of Cochran Fellow ship (Culinary Arts 2016) award from United States Department of Agricultural (USDA) and Federation of Agricultural (FAO).
- Won Best Culinary Educator of the Year 2016 from Indian Federation of Culinary Associations (IFCA) and World Associations of Chefs Societies (WACS)
- Nominated and shortlisted among top three positions for the Young Chef and Instructor of the year 2005 award for the Indian Forum of Culinary Association.
- Instrumental in setting up various lab kitchen in WGSHA.
- Instrumental in setting up the Department of Culinary Arts infrastructure & curriculum.
- Trained students for National Level Culinary Competitions and Won First Place several time
- Instrumental to do Executive Development Workshop for the industry professionals with Cornell Nanyang Institute, Singapore .Coordinated for two EDW 2007, 2008.
- Prepared Guide lines and Evaluation format for the Students industrial training.
- Taken initiative to bring Chefs from Overseas country like Italy, Mauritius and France to conduct food festivals at WGSHA.
- Nominated from the college to visit Sheffield Hallam University UK to learn best practices.
- Motivated students to Choose Kitchen as Career option and large number of students placed in leading hotel chain as a Kitchen Executive Trainee.
- Conducted various Theme Nights were introduced which have made an impact on the market of Manipal like Thai, Mongolian, Mexican, German, Arabian, Indian Regional Cuisine etc.
- Coordinated various Guest lecture /workshops /seminar National and International level.
- Appraisal rating for the last 16 years has been above target.
- Planned and executed plated dinner for up to 750 people and Buffet dinner for up to 4000 people.
- Demonstrated continuous commitment to reducing food and labour costs.
- Have the ability and experience to prepare quality variety dishes in the stipulated time.
Phone: +91 820 2923222, 9945670550
Phone: +91 820 2933302