- The only Hotel Management College in India located within a University campus. The age and size of the campus in a sustainable environment with state of the art infrastructure and teaching learning resources. All facilities match global standards to enhance learning and faculty-student interaction having excellent Faculty-Student ratio of 1: 10.
- Faculty and students are engaged in publishing and research work, which is supported by large collection of digital learning resources. Faculty members regularly publish papers in various national and international journals. The college has established the Centre for Excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Research (CEHTR) to focus on research, consultancy and continuing professional development initiatives in the area of hospitality and tourism management within the college.
- Curriculum is non-vocational in nature; Contemporary styles of teaching learning through social media are encouraged. Ability to organically manage the syllabus or to keep pace with the changing dynamics of the needs of the industry. Photography, food journalism, anthropology are some new subjects being taught. The Academic Senate meets thrice a year for changes and progression to quality. An array of general courses and specialisation courses to cater to student diversity, passion and capability. All courses taught engage students in value based learning and global sustainability. Many adjunct faculty members, working in many international universities of repute, have been appointed to share their expertise and provide contemporary inputs to our students
- Annexed Fortune Inn Valley View, Member – ITC Hotels Group; Award winning residential facilities for students and staff; A super speciality hospital provides excellent health care to our students covered by health insurance; World class recreational facilities and socialising environment
- 24/7 Wi Fi; Technologically driven systems and procedures for academic delivery and assessment
- Only college in India to offer wine fundamentals certifications level I and II, from the International Sommelier Guild (ISG). International faculty representing ISG, train the students in this global certification which adds value to our students learning
- Skills training for unemployed youth from the local community are imparted through Manipal City & Guilds as our CSR initiative. Many short term courses in hospitality are offered as part of the programme
- Students also take part in student exchange programmes such as International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE) and AIESEC India
- A culture of change and continuous improvements through a system of nominated members who engage in developing the entire student experience. (BOS, Senate, QMS, etc.)
- An inclusive philosophy for student admission and recognition of meritorious performance. (scholarships, freeships etc.). Marks secured in the 10th Grade and 12th Grade of school and the entrance test conducted by the university are considered while offering admission to the students. A diverse student community, national and international, take admission in the courses offered by WGSHA
- Extensive opportunities for alumni engagement and networking
- A formal system of pastoral care, mentorship and counselling has been established in the campus. In this teacher-guardian scheme, each faculty is allotted 15-20 students for counselling related to curricular and extracurricular guidance throughout the programme
- Use of Learning Management System (LMS) software which facilitate e-communication between the students and the teachers. Lesson plans and course materials for the full semester are uploaded by faculty and are available to students 24 x 7 with notices, blogs, quizzes and many other features. This enables proactive student support through continual improvement
- New software in PMS (micros opera) and materials management (micros materials management system (MMS) for students’ practical learning. Faculty Members are provided with laptops from the university
- Students actively take part in organising events like food festivals, conferences, various other college events and in extra – curricular activities. Marks are awarded in subjects in the curriculum like professional development and event management, experiential projects, physical and recreational activities etc. Extra- curricular activities include sports, adventure sports like scuba diving, social activities etc. Students also take part in intra- -university and inter-university co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Opportunities are provided to enhance cultural and artistic inclinations with systematic involvement of various clubs. Students also take part in CSR projects organised by Volunteer Service Organisation (VSO) of Manipal Academy of Higher Education and WGSHA
Well-qualified and experienced faculty: A potent, powerful blend of academic experience and industry exposure, the faculty at Manipal Academy of Higher Education don several hats on campus. They employ the latest teaching-techniques, making extensive use of modern technology. Most are members of professional bodies and advisors at academic forums.
Industry tie-ups: Tie-ups with the leaders in the hospitality industry like the Welcomgroup, the hotel division of ITC Ltd., makes WGSHA the first choice for aspiring students.
International collaborations: The training and development program of WGSHA is recognised by the International Hotel Association, Paris.
Placements: MU is proactive in placing the students into positions of their preference. The institute has a well-organised placement team headed by the Associate Director (Industrial Liaison, Placements and Practice School) and comprising of faculty and student coordinators from each department. On an average, over 60 companies visit MIT Manipal for campus recruitments every year.
Hands-on experience in all departments of hospitality, like cuisine, housekeeping, front-office management and other facets gives WGSHA graduates a clear winning edge.
Read more about Manipal advantage