The School of Life Sciences (SOLS), Manipal established in 2002, became an independent identity in 2006 and is one of the top biotechnological institutes of the country.
SOLS is identified as TIFAC-CORE (Technology Information, Forecasting & Assessment Council - Centres of Relevance & Excellence) under vision 2020 in the area of Pharmacogenomics. It actively promotes advanced research in India and abroad, supported by DBT, GOI in Translational Medicine, ICMR, DST, BRNS, and several other industry partners.
The mission statement of the center is to engage in cutting edge research, training, education and offer help to the community in the field of human health.
- State-of-the-art research infrastructure, well-qualified researchers & faculty and nationally and internationally acclaimed research and translational programs related to human health
- Supported by FIST, Government of India
- Program supports Department of Biotechnology, Government of India in Translational Research
- Selected under the K-FIST program
- Selected as BT finishing school by Government of Karnataka
Areas of Research
- Radioresponse of cells: Cellular and molecular understanding of radiosensitivity of normal and tumor cells
- Rodiomoldulation: Radiation sensitization of tumor cells and radioprotection of normal cells
- Anticancer drug screening: Synthetic, natural products and development of drug delivery systems (microspheres & liposomal) for the improved antitumor effect
- Radiation biodosimetry: Development of assays for radiation biodosimetry and with conventional methodologies (dicentric chromosome assay, micronuclei assay, single-cell gel electrophoresis assay (comet ), filter elution, and gH2AX foci analysis. Influence of individual radiosensitivity in biodosimetry estimations
- Development of predictive and prognostic assays for the assessment of clinical radio response
- Low dose radiation and bystander effect
- Molecular basis for normal tissue radio response with acute and chronic normal tissue toxicity after radiotherapy.
Research & Publication
It actively promotes advanced research in India and abroad. Research and developmental activities are also supported by DBT, GOI in Translational Medicine, ICMR, DST, BRNS and several other industry partners. The areas of research include Biotechnology, Radiobiology and Toxicology and Biophysics.
MU has best-in-class facilities for students of all constituent institutes
Access to hospital facilities gives student hands-on training.
State-of-the-art Innovation Centre facilitates multi-disciplinary research.
Laboratories give students the opportunity for practical experience.
Sports & Fitness
Marena has world-class facilities with courts for badminton, tennis, soccer & squash, as well as a well-equipped gymnasium.
Libraries give students access to study resources, digital, and print.
Student hostels are their homes away from homes.
MAHE is where people are motivated to acquire knowledge and engage the world around them.
Rahul Babu Kodali
MAHE has provided a great platform for all students to explore themselves – personally and professionally.
Manipal is a place which moulded my character and made me what I am today.
Interacting with people from all over the world in a free environment has helped me become receptive to change.
Best-in-class infrastructure and a curriculum that makes learning fun – Manipal is the place to be.
My teachers are my mentors. They have helped me grow academically and personally.