Erasmus Manipal Network (EMN) is an initiative
- The beneficiaries of Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, Erasmus + Credit Mobility Project and other projects under the Erasmus program from Manipal
- The network includes students and faculty members from Manipal who have had a chance to be a part of the Erasmus program
- Aspiring students and faculty members from MAHE and around Manipal, who wish to participate in Erasmus program
- Higher education institutions within and outside MAHE motivated to apply for the institutional projects in Erasmus program
Why do we need EMN?
- Since the late 1980s, the Erasmus program has facilitated student and staff mobility as well as contributed towards institutional cooperation between universities in Europe and the rest of the world
- There is an increasing interest to participate in the Erasmus program within and around Manipal
- Growing awareness and interest within MAHE to participate in Erasmus Programme
- From 2013 to 2018, there have been more than 60 outgoing mobilities including Erasmus and other fellowships to Europe from MAHE
Objectives of EMN?
- EMN strives to widen this network in terms of its outreach and size
- EMN aims to provide information to the aspiring beneficiaries of Erasmus program from Manipal
- Erasmus experience – goes beyond books, a semester abroad is a culturally enriching endeavour – facilitate similar experiences for a larger community in Manipal
- Similar yet different learnings from Erasmus experience – platform to share and learn from each other – bring out Dos and Don’ts for the aspiring Erasmus students and faculty members in Manipal